Chapter 13

Here's your update lovelies sorry it's so late! 

Louis' POV

"Hey Louis, can I talk to you for a minute?" Harry said nervously. He was standing there awkwardly and was looking down at the ground refusing to meet my eyes, a red solo cup in his hand. I thought about it for a minute before deciding that this would be a great opportunity to tell him off for how much he hurt me. 

"Sure," I answered hoping I showed no emotion in my voice. I didn't want him to know how I felt, he didn't get the courtesy of me being nice to him. Harry's head snapped up as if he couldn't believe my answer. His eyes were wide and a little glossy, his cheeks tinted a light pink, and his lips plump and red. No matter how much I wanted to kiss him right now I couldn't. He would just push me away anyway. 

"I-uh ok, follow me," He said stuttering nervously as he lead my from the group and to a spot next to the boat house far away enough from people that they wouldn't over hear our conversation. "I wanted to talk to you," He started.

"I kind of got that from what you told me to get me to walk over here," I said, my tone curt and flat. 

"Oh, uh, yeah. Anyway, about what happened-" 

"Harry!" Came a loud voice and suddenly a blond boy with a giant smile was bounding toward us. "Hey Hazza, enjoying the party?" 

"Oh hi Niall. I am enjoying the party but I was just about to tell Louis something. Would you mind giving us a moment to talk," Harry asked but it came out as more of a statement. 

"Oh sure. Sorry, I didn't realize I was interrupting anything. I'll leave you two be," He said flashing Harry an apologetic smile before darting off to the food table.  

"Sorry about that. He doesn't really have any boundaries. Um, anyway, about what happened, I just wanted to say-" Harry got cut off once again as Liam approached us. 

"Hey Harry. I just wanted to tell you that you and Lana did a really great job setting up the party," Liam said giving a Harry a firm pat on the back. "I'm gonna go make sure Niall doesn't eat all the food you guys put out," Liam waved at me before walking over the food table where Niall was currently scooping hand fulls of chips on to his plate. 

"Again sorry about that. Um, I was gonna-" I cut him off not wanting to hear an apology. 

"Look Harry, what happened that night was a mistake, ok. I mean you were so disgusted by me kissing that you pushed me in the lake," I looked down and smiled bitterly at the memory. Though my feelings about the kiss being a mistake weren't true, I knew that saying it would be music to Harry's ears. "Let's just forget about it and move on with our lives,yeah?" I glanced at the ground awkwardly before looking at Harry's face. He had an unreadable expression on his face, eyebrows drawn together, mouth set in a frown, and eyes a bit unfocused. 

After a moment of Harry not saying anything I sighed before murmuring "Enjoy the party Harry," and walking back to the group he had pulled me from, leaving him standing there, head still down. 

After about an hour of people standing in small groups talking and sipping from their cups Lana suggested a party game. I shrugged and turned to Cassie. She smiled and walked closer to Lana showing that we were going to play. She led everyone who wanted to play, which only ended up being a small group of six people, to deck chairs set up in a circle next to the large campfire that was providing most of the light. 

I took  a seat in one of the chairs and across from me I saw Harry do the same. Oh great, he was also playing. I took a small sip of my coke and watched as other people settled into their seats. To my left sat Niall who was looking a bit buzzed as he almost dropped his bear sitting down. Turning to my right I saw Cassie took a seat next to me. I smiled at her and was about to lean over and ask her a question when Lana interrupted me as she suggested we play truth or dare.