fourteen

"You are no longer allowed to be unsupervised. You will have Hybrids watching you whenever you go out. I will know where you are going, you will not leave without my permission. Do I make this clear?" Klaus explained to Eleanor as they walked into the mansion. He's been treating her like a little child ever since they got back from New York. Long story short, the two men didn't really care about the police chasing them. Eleanor eventually stopped at Central Park, running to who knows where, looking for who knows what. Unfortunately, she forgot that Klaus was older and faster than her. He caught her, compelled the police into thinking they had the wrong person, and returned home.

"Fine, mother." She said sarcastically and crossed her arms. Klaus stopped in his tracks and turned around to face her.

"One more thing." Eleanor sighed, "You are not allowed near Damon, Stefan, Elena or any of those people."

"I barely know them anyways! Plus, Caroline hates me, I hate her. I don't plan on talking to her ever again." Eleanor crossed her hands like a child.

"Go to your room. I'm meeting with a few people tonight, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't bother us." Klaus continued to treat her like a child.

"God, you're acting like a parent!"

"Well I wouldn't have to if you didn't run off!"

"It's you're fault I ran away! You just wouldn't tell me anything! You kept all you're problems, and whatever I am, to yourself!" Eleanor's fingers started to tingle, and her breathing became heavy.

"Maybe I'm doing it to protect you!" Klaus shouted, totally unaware of what Eleanor was feeling.

"Well, I'd like to know what you are protecting me of!"

"But I'm not going to tell you." Klaus lowered his voice.

"God! Niklaus, you are unbelievable! It was so much more easier to love you centuries ago! Now. I can't even ask a simple question without getting mad! I don't even know if I still love you!" Eleanor shouted, not paying attention to what she was saying. Klaus' face fell and a hurt expression replaced the angered one. Eleanor soon came to realisation of what she just said.

"No, Nik, I didn't mean it, I-I just-" Her eyes filled with tears.

"Save it. You know what, you can just go back to New York. I should've known you didn't love me anymore." Nik said with a bitter laugh at the end. Eleanor slowly shook her head as a lump formed in her throat.

"No, Nik. I love you, I just wasn't thinking. Ple-" Nik cut her off once more.

"I should've never gone looking for you! It was pretty clear that you didn't love me enough to trust me, and let me tell you when I was ready. Look at me, Niklaus Mikaelson, the Original Hybrid who fell for a girl who didn't even love him back." Nik's eyes became glossy.

"Nik, please! I should've listened to you! I was scared that I wouldn't be told what I wanted to know, a-and..." Eleanor trailed off, not knowing what else to say. She was lost for words. Her mind was all over the place, trying to come up with a way to tell him that she truly did love him.

"You don't trust me! That's what it is! You ran off because you didn't believe that'd I'd give you answers to any of your questions! I want you too be safe, Eleanor. But if you can't just simply wait for me to give you you're answers, then there's no use in you being here." Klaus' voice became uneven and shaky. He knew exactly what he was saying. He believed every word that he spoke, convincing himself that Eleanor did not love him at all.