nineteen

"Finally, you're awake."

    Eleanor groaned as a pain shot through her neck. She shifted slightly, but hissed out when the vervain-covered ropes rubbed against her wrists.

    "What do you want, Elena?" Eleanor sighed.

    "Hm. Well, first we can go through the list of things that you've done since you came back to life." Elena pulled up a chair and sat near Eleanor.

    "First, you steal Klaus from Caroline. I may not like him, but Caroline did, not matter how much she 'hated' him." Elena explained.

    "I didn't steal Nik from her. He told me they never were official."

    "Shut up. Then, you run off to New York, making Klaus and Damon look everywhere for you." New York. Calum. Shit. She never contacted him since she left.

    "Now you steal Damon from me!?" Elena yells.

    "I didn't steal him. We kissed once! You and him aren't even together." Elena was acting different. She had a red streak in her hair, a cold look in her eyes. It was pretty obvious that she had turned off her humanity.

    "I don't like you." Elena hissed at Eleanor. She rolled her eyes in response, but instantly screaming out in pain as Elena stuck a wooden stake into her thigh. Eleanor pulled on the ropes, causing herself more pain when the vervain stung her wrists.

    "You bitch." She growled through gritted teeth.

    "Don't worry, it's only the start of this."

~

    "Dammit!" Damon yelled and threw his phone on the floor, smashing it to pieces. He's been trying to contact Eleanor for the past hour, but she never picked up.

    "Woah, what's up with you?" Stefan said as he wandered into the living room.

    "Eleanor won't answer me, and she didn't tell me where she went." He grumbled.

    "Well, then you're not going to like the news I've got for you." Stefan said and took a seat on the couch. "Elena's missing."

    "What?"

    "Yeah. After she, you know, switched off her humanity, she ran off in the middle of the night." Stefan expained the situation. Damon sighed and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

    "I'm going to regret saying this, Damon, but I think that we should ask Klaus for help."

    "What!? No! We haven't even started looking for her!" Damon protested.

    "No, you haven't started looking for Elena. I have. I compelled a couple dozen people in the town to look for her, but no one has seen her. Obviously, she's no longer in Mystic Falls." Says Stefan.

    "Why would we need to go to Klaus for help? You make no sense, little brother." Damon sighed.

    "I just came up with this right now. You said Eleanor's missing, right?" Damon nodded. "Elena switched off her humanity. Eleanor and you had a little fling- or whatever-"

    "Wait, let me guess. Caroline told you?" Damon interrupted him.

    "Yup. I'm guessing Caroline told Elena yesterday, when this all happened. Elena was obviously mad at Eleanor for this, setting a new hatred for her because Elena loves you. Now that she turned off her humanity, she doesn't care. She probably went after Eleanor, so they're together." Stefan concluded. Damon stared at him in disbelief.

    "And you're right about this how? How do you know for sure that Eleanor and Elena are together?" Damon asked him.

    "I don't. But it sort of adds up, doesn't it? Elena and Eleanor both go missing- or Eleanor just doesn't want to talk to you. And if Eleanor is with Elena, who is no longer in Mystic Falls, Klaus will want to look for her, also finding Elena who could possibly be with Eleanor in the process." Stefan explained. Damon was silent for a couple of seconds, took a drink of his Bourbon, then swore at himself.

    "I can't believe that I'm saying this, little brother. Call the stupid hybrid and get him searching for them."

~

    "You're funny. Why would I want to look for Elena?" Klaus laughed. Damon and Stefan were sat in Klaus's backyard, trying to convince him to help them.

    "I'm not done. Eleanor went missing to, so we think that she's with Elena." Stefan said. At the mention of Eleanor missing, Klaus was already changing his mind.

    "And you know that Eleanor is with Elena for sure?" Klaus asked. The brothers shared an uncertain look.

    "Um, no-"

    "So she's not with her?"

    "No! But she won't answer Damon's calls and     she just disappeared without any information of where she would be." Stefan explained. They desperately wanted Klaus's help. The two people that they both care about- well, Stefan one- are missing.

    Klaus sat in the iron chair, staring off into the forest near the backyard. He was listing all the pro's and con's of helping out the two brothers. They didn't even have any proof that Eleanor was with Elena. Just their beliefs. And if he sends out hybrids to go and search for the two of them, and they only come back with Elena, what would he do then? But Eleanor is no where to be found. And if Stefan and Damon are correct about Eleanor being with them, and he doesn't send out the hybrids, what will happen?

    "Okay, boys," Klaus spoke up, "I've made my choice. I'll send out a couple of hybrids to go and check the nearby towns. If Elena or Eleanor are not found, it is no longer my problem."

    The two stayed silent. Klaus raised his eyebrows, waiting for them to do something.

    "Well? If we're done talking, I have to go and find out where my sister is hiding."

~   

10K READS?!?! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!