six

"Eleanor?" Rebekah said quietly when she opened the door. A groan came from under the mess of sheets and blankets on Eleanor's bed.

        "What happened to you?" Rebekah rolled her eyes. She knew exactly what happened last night; she listened to the whole thing.

        "Stop acting as if you don't know." Eleanor peaked her head out from under the covers.

        "Fine. Now, unless you want to be social and learn how to live in the 21st century, I suggest you get up and take a shower. If you don't, I will gladly do it for you." Rebekah said and slammed the door shut. Another groan came from Eleanor as she ever-so-slowly got out of bed. It took her a few minutes to figure out how to use the shower, but she eventually got it to turn on.

        Eleanor came downstairs in a white maxi dress and black flats. She still refused to wear pants and a t-shirt. She believes that it looks like a woman that demands to wear childrens clothing.

        "Took you long enough." Rebkah said when she entered the kitchen.

        "Well, I'm sorry. That shower is difficult to work." Eleanor shrugged and grabbed an apple.

        "I should get you lessons on how to work a shower." Rebekah said. Eleanor gave her a look and Rebekah held her hands up in surrender.

        "Let's get going." Eleanor said and exited the kitchen. She noticed Nik coming down the stairs, causing her to start getting emotional. Nik sensed the sudden change of emotions. He walked past her, deciding to give her some space. Eleanor was understanding, he probably wanted to sort this out later. She shrugged it off and went to the driveway, where Rebekah was already in the car.

        "That wasn't awkward at all." Rebekah said sarcastically when they started driving down the road.

        "What do you mean?" Eleanor furrowed her eyebrows.

        "You and Nik. Don't think I don't know what happened last night." Rebekah said. Eleanor groaned.

        "You listened, didn't you?"

        "Yup. That was a pretty nasty fight." She said.

        "I know, I know. I was a bitch to him." Eleanor admitted. Rebekah couldn't deny that, she was kind of being one.

        "I'm not going to say that you weren't. You two are the weirdest couple." The two of them stayed quiet after that, all the way until they got to Mystic Grill.

        "Do you really think that Nik and I can work out?" Eleanor asked her when they sat down in one of the booths.

        "Of course. You guys are inseperable." Rebekah said.

        "I could say the same to you. You usually hold grudges against people." Eleanor said.

        "Oh, I still do. Did Nik tell you about that doppelgänger, Elena?" She asked. Eleanor nodded, and said, "Briefly."

        "Well, she stabbed me in the back with a stake on Homecoming night." Rebekah told her. Eleanor gave her a confused looked.

        "What's a home-" Eleanor started, but Rebekah cut her off, "Homecoming? It's like a big party for people in highschool. Everyone dresses up and they go with their friends and lovers. They dance and have a good time. Unfourtunately, I didn't get to go."

        "Really? That sounds like fun." Eleanor slightly smiled.

        "It is. You'd love it." Rebekah grinned. She was having fun teaching Eleanor about what people now do, it entertained her. Eleanor was like a child that didn't know much, and Rebekah was the mother who taught her everything.

        "Rebekah?" Eleanor asked after a few minutes of silent.

        "Yes, Elle?"

        "Who were those people that were there yesterday when I was undaggered?" Rebekah raised her eyebrows. She was surprised that Eleanor even remembered them.       

        "You don't really want to know."

        "Yes, I do!" Eleanor exclaimed. Rebekah's eyes widened. She forgot what type of temper that she has.

        "Okay, okay. Just calm do-"

        "Rebekah!" Damon smirked. Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, Stefan and Tyler were behind him.

        "What do you want, Damon?" Rebekah sighed.

        "Are these the people that were there yesterday, Rebekah?" Eleanor interrupted.

        "Yes, we are. Glad you remember us." Damon said. Eleanor couldn't believe how blue his eyes were. They could easily distract someone.

        Eleanor looked at the rest of the people that were gathered around them. They were all good looking, making Eleanor feeling less confident of how she looked.

        "I'm going to ask again, Damon. What do you want?" Rebekah said.

        "I want to know who your friend is." Damon smirked again.

        "No, you ca-"

        "Hello, I'm Eleanor." Eleanor smiled and stuck out her hand. Rebekah gave her a threatening look, and she slowly lowered her hand, but Damon caught it and shook it.

        "Damon Salvatore." He said.

        "Lovely to meet you." Eleanor smiled and took her hand away. "Who are you're friends?"

        "Introductions can be done later, Eleanor. Let's go." Rebekah said and stood up. Eleanor followed her actions. Many footsteps were heard behind them.

        "Go away." Rebekah growled when they were outside.

        "Why should we?" Stefan said.

        "Because I can hurt you, and everyone you love if you don't." Rebekah narrowed her eyes at eveyone. Eleanor gasped, "Don't do that!"

        "Elle, please, just stay quiet." Rebekah turned around and gave her a fake smile. Eleanor nodded, not wanting to get on her bad side. Rebekah nodded, glad with the response, and turned back around to deal with everybody.

        "Like I said before-" Eleanor tuned them out. She looked around the area that they were in. She was in awe at how amazing and different everything looked.

        Eleanor's eyes landed on someone at the park across the street. They widened when they realized who it was. A small gasp came from her.

        "Mother!" She shouted, causing everyone to look at her. She suddenly started running across the road, when a car was driving and hit her. Her body slammed into the cars window, hundreds of shatterd pieces flying everywhere. She rolled onto the road, groaning in the process. Rebekah ran over and kneeled beside her.

        "Eleanor! What the hell?" Rebekah started shouting at her. Eleanor didn't listen. She shrugged her off and stood up. Blood covered her dress, but she didn't care. She started running to the woman, who still stood there. Rebekah called after her, trying to get her to stop.

        "Mother! Wait!" She called out. The woman raised her hand, and signalled her to follow her. Eleanor countinued to run after the woman, who made her follow her into the woods.

        "Mother?" Eleanor came to a stop in an opening. The lady's back was turned to her.

        "Eleanor." The woman said. She sounded exactly like her mother.

        "Mother. A-are you alright?"

        "You need to find it." The woman said,

        "What? Find what?" Eleanor said, breathless. The woman turned around to face her. Eleanor gasped and stepped back. All of the sudden, the lady was so close to her, that their noses almost touched.

        "The cure."

~