Do Our Research

These next few days I've felt extremely whole. No holes, no wandering thoughts, just utter happiness. I walked around the house humming a song and getting ready for work. I went downstairs and there was a ring of the doorbell. I opened it and it was a package, I know I didn't order anything. On the front it says Winn's name.

"Good Morning." Said a shirtless Winn.

"Morning. This is for you." I said handing him a package.

"I didn't order anything." He said as I frowned. He looked at me puzzled, I opened the box and it was a card.

"Why would a card be in a box?" I asked.

"Don't touch it." He said as he read the card, "Roses are red and violets are blue, do not worry I will meet you soon, The Reaper."

"Can I remove the stuffing?" I asked.

"No, what if it's a bear trap?" He asked as I used me X-ray eyes. I groaned, "What's the matter?" He asked.

"I can't X-ray the box." I said as he looked at the box. I stuck my hand in the box and it was a voodoo doll that looked exactly like Winn.

"Ok, this is weird." He said.

"I'm not going to work then." I said.

"No go, you were looking forward to Lena's conference and Jude's first day. So go, I'll be fine here." He said as I looked at him and he kissed my forehead and then we shared a deep kiss.

"Mmm. That right there." I said.

"There'll be more waiting for you when you get back." He said as I walked outside and flew out to L-Corp. I landed on Lena's balcony.

"Nala!" Lena said.

"Said with a surprised yet very busy tone in her voice. Running late?" I asked.

"Not yet. I'm just worried about my image." She said.

"Is it being questioned, again?" I asked as we walked towards the elevator.

"When is it not, when will the media besides CatCo realize that I do not stand behind Lex?" She said as we went downstairs. I joined the crowd of reporters, colleagues and science fans. I managed to get a spot right next to Kara.

"Hey you. I'm glad you didn't get kidnapped or something." She said.

"Yeah, I would've texted you all but I broke my phone when I woke up."  I said.

"Gotcha." She said.

"Good Afternoon National City. We are soon to enter a new year and I am pleased to welcome our partners at Obsidian tech and announce our brand new Junior Program where we will introduce STEM projects and ideas..." Lena said, I eventually tuned out because I heard glass cracking. I looked at the corner of the room to a server and a tray of champagne glasses falling. I tapped Kara.

"What?" She whispered.

"Something isn't right." I whispered back as I nodded to her and she looked into the corner  as two more servers went down.

"Ok. Let's make a stage left exit." She said as I nodded. We started walking left, and there was a guy in a black suit.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay and watch Ms. Luthor's final address?" He asked as Kara then punched him in the face.

"Super right hook." I said as I then looked up and seen two guys wearing clown mask crawling towards the giant columns. They started to fire their laser guns and hit the cameras.

"I'm pleased to induct our first junior in our stem. Mr. Jude Velez." She said as my brother stepped in the stage and the guys up top used laser guns to cut the columns. I put on my suit and flew up and punched one guy and he fell and passed out and Kara caught him and placed him on the ground. People started to panic and I caught the column that the other guy cut and started to weld it back together. He jumped down and I looked and Jude and Lena were behind the front desk. Jude put on his ring and became the Blue Lantern, he started to fly around the guys in the black suits and clown mask were trying to keep everyone in. Kara was fighting the two guys on the left and Jude was fighting two guys on the right. There were two guys trying to kidnap Lena but I then grabbed both of them and threw them into the guys by the door. I opened the door and everyone ran out. The police showed up and arrested the guys and the DEO confiscated the laser guns.