Time To Say Goodbye (I)

A/N: Thank you all for enjoying this book so far. I do have another book cooking up, because this is not the end of the Schotts. It's just the end of them living in National City as the previous chapter foreshadowed a move and a baby. Be on the look out for Book 2 titled, The Toyman & His Wife (II).

Nala's Perspective...

I walked all the way from Gavin's Bistro to the nearest drug store. I am not say that I don't want to be pregnant but I needed to be sure. She said I might be but then again this blood test was taken about almost two months ago. Then also saying it out loud all of those symptoms makes it all the more real. I stood in the isle looking at all the different types of pregnancy tests and the little girl tugged at my dress, I looked down at her.

"I like your dress, you look like a princess." She cooed.

"Thank you. But you are the real princess here." I insisted.

"Sarah! Stop it. I am so sorry." Her mom began.

"It's not a problem." I replied.

"No, I am trying to teach her that you shouldn't talk to strangers but look at me." She said as we both chuckled.

"Sometimes it's hard to set an example." I laughed.

"Yeah." She stated and she walked away, her daughter waved goodbye to me and I waved back then it got quiet again. I looked at all of these test.

"It's hard trying to pick. That's why some girls just get two." The lady in the lab coat suggested.

"I see." I responded.

"First time?" She asked.

"Yeah, I don't get pregnancy scares often or at all for that matter." I said.

"I suggest, blue true and just one." She warned handing me the two boxes.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem, whatever you choose it what you choose. Remember that." She insisted.

"Thank you." I said.

"If you keep it, I can tell by how you interact with kids, you'd be a great mother." She acknowledged.

"Thank you again." I added as I then walked to the line.

"Next." The cashier said the guy brown haired guy went to the cashier with the freckles.

"Next." Another cashier called out. I went up to the cashier and placed them on the counter.

"I have been there. Ran out of plan B's?" She inquired.

"No." I responded.

"I am sorry, married?" She asked.

"Yeah." I answered.

"Twenty seventy five. Trying?" She asked.

"Wasn't planned." I hissed in annoyance.

"I am sorry. Just remember, your body your choice." She shared.

"Thank you." I trailed off sliding the bag off of the counter and I began to walk away.

"Wait do you need the receipt?" She asked.

"No. Thats quite alright." I snapped as I then continued my walk. I was going towards Al's so I could used the bathroom there. I heard a familiar horn. The car pulled up slowly, it was Mrs. Velez.

"Need a ride?" She asked me.

"No, I can walk." I answered.

"Nala please get in the car." She begged.