Chapter 30 - Flirtatious

Start from the beginning

"That's all in the looks, my dude," Edwin laughed. "Your ugly face isn't just gonna get you dozens of girls."

Senn chuckled, not even that surprised to hear just how popular Elio was. He hadn't exactly heard much gossip, since he had been focused solely on trying to ignore gossip about himself. Besides, ever since he returned to school, he seemed to be the main topic of the day, most of the days.

"But seriously, why did he turn Joyce down?" Edwin now turned to him and Avan, who had listened in silence as well. "Did you tell him to back off?"

"I did not," Senn shook his head. "Elio hasn't told me anything about it yet."

"Because I haven't seen you," Elio's voice sounded close by, whispering into his ear. "Gossiping, are we?"

"They asked a question." Senn smirked, turning around, away from Edwin and Yannick, to face Elio. His stomach made a weird summersault at the sight of him. As usual, he wore light-wash jeans with holes and a T-shirt with whatever image; in this case, Pikachu. Whatever people would think about wearing a Pokémon shirt, Elio made it seem cool. His All-Stars sneakers were old, but still decent enough to look cool.

"Like what you see?" he asked under his breath, wiggling his eyebrows shortly before taking a few sips of beer.

Senn bit his lip, deciding not to answer his question. "You weren't in school. Were you sick?"

Elio shrug his shoulder. "Can we not talk about it here?"

"So, you do want to explain later?"

Elio shrugged again, grabbing his wrist, pulling him slightly away from his friends. "Seriously. It's nobody's business. So, let's not make it their business, okay?"

"Okay, but just tell me, are you okay?"

Again, he shrugged, not exactly answering his question. "Now that you're here..."

Senn bit his lip again, feeling his cheeks heat up a little. "So, did you turn Joyce down for me?"

Elio stared at him, his face not giving away any hint of emotion. "We're at a party, can we leave the serious talk for later?"

"Can you just answer one of my questions with a serious answer?"

"Yes."

"Yes, to what?"

"I answered one of your questions," Elio said with a cheeky smile. "You figure out which."

Senn rolled his eyes, but before he could say anything, Elio had already turned around and left in the direction of the dancefloor that was created in the living room. Senn stared after him, chewing the inside of his cheek while taking Elio in. Something about him was off, but he didn't know what. It worried him, though Elio had insinuated that he was okay now that he saw him; which could be flirting, right?

For the rest of the night, Senn kept bumping into Elio, who wasn't really drunk, but acted weird. He hadn't given him any clear answers, not about his absence, not about breaking things off with Joyce, not about being okay or not. But since they were in fact at a party, Senn decided not to push for answers, and allow Elio to drag him along with him while he was having fun. Avan and Lucas had also joined them when Elio went outside, but for the most part, it seemed as if Elio was constantly trying to get Senn alone, only to leave him behind after flirting or quick—yet innocent—touching.

It was driving Senn crazy.

He just wanted to drag Elio away from the party and kiss him, and it was very tempting to do so, until Julian showed up, and he was reminded about the conflict in his feelings. Instead of leaving with either one of them, he returned to his friends, and tried to ignore the need to figure out exactly how much he liked both guys.

For one night, friendship was more important than any of his issues. For one night, he was forcing himself to just have fun.

Everything else could wait until morning.

* * * Chapter 30

* * * Chapter 30.2 (Bonus chapter) and chapter 31 are now available on Patreon. * * *

* * * Chapter 30.2 shines a light on Elio's background and family life (and a cute moment). If you wish to read more about him, please head over to Patreon, pledge a minimum of $1,- and gain access to the chapter! * * *

* * * More exclusive content is already available. A pledge gives you multiple advantages like bonus content and early access. Link to Patreon can be found on my page! * * *

* * * If you're still here with me, at chapter 30, and you haven't voted yet, press that star and show me the love! Also; comments make me smile =D * * *

Love, June