ˢᵘᵍᵃʳᵖˡᵘᵐ

i.

the delinquent sorceress? she's a fairytale through and through; skin and stars and bones.

.

.

.

.

.

.

━ ❝ PARK
J
I
M
I
N

━ ❝ PARK
C
H
A
E
Y
O
U
G

it's midday when she arrives.

sun in his eyes, jimin looks up, squinting. defeat sticks to his back, an ear of wheat in his mouth, and with a deep sigh, he stops farming, his hands sore and blistering. for a moment, he digs his spade into the ground, and watches the wagon pass.

there, a girl sits, chatting merrily and laughing with the wagon driver.

there's something odd about her, he thinks, even then, as a gentle puff of air ripples through her long electric hair. he can tell that she's a strange one. He just doesn't know how.

but she doesn't notice him, too caught up in conversation with the wagon driver.

it doesn't take long for the news to spread. it spreads like wildfire.

questions are asked. rumors are born. gossip breeds and transforms, the grapevine growing. there's someone new in their quaint little village, and it seems like she's here to stay.

jimin sighs, and continues his work.

.

.

"she's a witch!" jeongyeon tells him excitedly, grinning the next afternoon, and tossing him fresh red apples, as she settles down in the shade for lunch, and as the dutiful best friend, he joins her.

"can you believe it?"

"should we burn her?" jimin asks dryly. "grab the pitchforks while we still have the chance?"

"don't be silly!" jeongyeon says, folding her arms across her chest. "those things are outdated. go say hello."

"but who will take care of the vegetables?" he asks seriously, before jeongyeon throws her hands up in the air. "someone has to water the potatoes."

"you're never going to win farmer of the year with an attitude like that." jeongyeon tells him matter-of-fact. that's what she thinks. socializing had nothing to do with it, jimin knew, all that really mattered was excellent crops.

"so, how do you know she's a witch?" jimin changes the subject, taking a bite of the apple.

"jaehyun saw her flying earlier." leaning in conspiratorially, jeongyeon lowers her voice into a whisper. jimin is used to her dramatics, enjoys them sometimes, even, ignores them mostly.

half of them aren't true, he's certain, but then a little white lie can make this peaceful life he lives a little bit more exciting, and no harm is done, since the gossip jeongyeon spreads is never malicious. it's more mischievous than anything. and it keeps the other villagers on their toes, though he's certain they don't take her rumors too seriously either. "then taemin saw them flying together."