Chapter Fifteen

Final Chapter.

~~~~~

"Octopus."

Octopus was a bit startled since he was sure no one would see him but he composed himself quickly, "What?"

"You went outside? Where did you go?" Vespid asked him.

"Just... outside. Breathe some fresh air." Octopus answered.

Vespid eyed him intently as if she was examining him. But she sighed afterwards, "Alright then."

He knew Vespid wanted to ask him something, "What is it?"

Vespid was taken aback a little. She wanted to ask him if he was okay after she told him everything that night they took him.

"That sniper who called you 'Harley', Monitor and I saw her watching you from a far, like she was protecting you from a distance." Vespid confessed, "I think she's your family. If ever she is, I'm sorry for hurting her. We badly... injured her. Monitor pushed her to the wall."

Vespid was actually expecting a reaction from Octopus, but there was none. He was just staring in front of him with no emotions at all. She didn't know what he was thinking.

"Octopus?" He tried to call his attention.

"Thanks for that Vespid." Octopus said and then he stood, "But if ever she is a family, shouldn't she save me before I become like this? I was asleep for two months in that capsule, right?"

"I said we injured her badly that it almost killed her–"

"Then maybe I wasn't that important because she didn't try hard enough." Octopus said before walking away from her.

Vespid shook her head lightly, "Nothing. I think you should rest."

Octopus was about to answer but then red lights started blinking inside the laboratory and their system was alarming.

He cursed, "Our system was hacked. Call the others, we are being invaded."

Vespid nodded and flew to where were the other VENOM members and Dr. Leo.

Octopus teleported towards the central control room. He was the brain of the squad, he was the one who built the system.

He cursed a lot when he saw that the cameras were shut off, as well as that laboratory cover so the laboratory would be concealed.

I made sure there was no loopholes in my system.

Nephila– who was already outside and crawled to the top of the laboratory using those spider legs-like behind her– contacted him, "Octopus, I'm seeing car heading this way. I think it's SABER Squad."

That earned another curses from him, "Monitor Lizard, can you hear me? Block them." He said while trying to fix their system.

Monitor Lizard made a wall appeared in front of the car, making the car rolled over but it transformed into a cyborg and its passengers landed safely on the ground.

Nephila was right. It was the SABER Squad with a magenta-haired sniper whom she remembered called Octopus as Harley and a brunet who was holding a dagger.

A dagger... "SABER squad is here, as well as the sniper, and Gusion Paxley." Nephila informed her members as well as Dr. Leo.

Dr. Leo evil laughed, "Gusion Paxley!" He exclaimed, "Keep him alive, the rest? Kill them."