Chapter Ten

Hi, it's been a while. Tee-hee. Forgive me. *peace*

~~~~~

"Welcome to Eruditio City!"

Lesley couldn't help it but to admire the whole city. There were different objects flying, every vehicle looked so modern, robots and androids could be seen everywhere–

Eruditio City was indeed a very advanced city in terms of technology.

Lesley was gaping the whole time while walking inside the city.

She felt someone held her chin to make her mouth close, "Careful or you will drool or worst, catch some insects in your mouth." She heard him chuckled.

She swatted his hand in a playful way, "Stop it."

"Eruditio is actually the wealthiest city in the Moniyan Empire." Gusion explained while they were still walking.

"It's too obvious. Feels like this city is from another dimension."

Gusion shrugged his shoulders, "We should eat first before heading to SABER's headquarters."

"Layla would be there, right?"

"Of course, she's a member of the squad."

Lesley fidgetted her fingernails, "Would she forgive for what I have done? For leaving so suddenly?"

Gusion smiled and patted her head before leaning his face towards her, "Why would she forgive you when you didn't even do anything wrong? I'm sure she misses you. Even Fanny and Kimmy– especially Harith and all of the Moniyan heroes."

Lesley felt relieved a bit upon hearing those words from Gusion. She smiled at him as a thank you.

He returned the smile before composing himself, "So, where do you want to eat?"

=====

After a long walk, they were now here in front of SABER Squad Headquarters.

Lesley unconsciously fidgetted her fingernails– Gusion noticed that it was Lesley's habit whenever she was nervous or thinking.

Gusion patted her back, "Relax Les. The squad won't bite you."

She let out a nervous laugh before they went in front of a high tech gate.

"Welcome to SABER Squad Headquarters. How may I help you?" They heard a male robotic voice then a screen appeared in front of them.

"Uhh... We actually want to ask for some help from SABER squad." Lesley answered.

"Sorry Ms. Lesley Vance, can you be more specific?" The male robotic voice said.

Lesley's eyes widened and looked at Gusion, "Wait, how did he know my name?"

"Ms. Breacher included your data in our system Ms. Vance, as well as the other Moniyan heroes."

"Breacher?" Lesley asked in confusion.

"That's Layla. It's her code name." Gusion answered.

"Speaking of Layla, is she there inside? I want to talk to her, as well as to the whole SABER squad." Lesley asked.

"Yes Ms. Vance. You may come in." The male robotic voice said and the gate opened.

"Thank you." Lesley said as they started walking inside.

Lesley was gaping once again. The headquarters looked so amazing– beyond amazing. It had a well-equipped training ground, there were androids who served as the squad's staff– it was the perfect definition of high technology.