Chapter Fourteen

Anyone could feel the tension between the four of them.

Lesley was still pointing her rifle towards the Baroque princess. Gusion and Granger were also still pointing their weapons towards the Baroque princess while the latter had still the magic ball in her hands, ready to throw it towards Lesley.

"What's so good about her to have two men protecting her?" Guinevere said while rolling her eyes.

"Everything." Gusion answered, "And you are nothing compared to her."

Lesley gasped and looked at Gusion with widened eyes. But it didn't escape in her eyes the pain that registered in the Baroque princess' eyes.

"Wow, you're still rude even if it's a lady." Granger commented.

Gusion shrugged. He didn't want to explain it to them, unless he was only with Lesley.

"Everything we had before, you're just throwing it away, just like that? Because of this girl?" Pain could be heard in Guinevere's voice.

"Who told you we had something?" Gusion sighed, "I told you earlier, we just had the same sentiments of not having freedom and you're betrothed to my brother. What part of that sentence can't you fucking understand?" He said while gritting his teeth.

"Gusion!" Lesley said in a warning voice while glaring at him.

Gusion looked at Lesley and smiled apologetically before holding her hands to help her stood, "Sorry for that my lady."

Lesley shook her head, "She's still a woman, Gus. Keep your mouth filtered." She sighed while pointing her rifle down, "Bring your weapons down, Gus and Gran."

Gusion almost bursted out laughing with what Lesley called Granger.

Granger cringed, "Les, you're my family and all, but please don't call me that."
(A/N: Don't be confused. The Moniyan warriors already treat Lesley as a family– but of course, except for Gusion [and Granger maybe *shrugs*] XD Gus has other motive XD)

"Why? It's much easier than Granger." Lesley asked innocently.

Granger sighed, "Do I look like an old man to you?"

"With that bit amount of white hair of yours? Yes." Lesley teased.

Granger groaned in frustration and then glared at Gusion, "You're such a bad influence."

Gusion chuckled and shrugged, "Sorry not sorry."

The three of them were quite distracted with their conversation that they didn't notice Guinevere was about to release the magic ball to Lesley but Granger's reflexes were fast enough to stop her.

"That was dirty, Miss Baroque." Granger said while holding her wrist firmly.

Guinevere just hmmph'ed and rolled her eyes.

Gusion hummed and even put his forefinger on his chin, "You look quite good together." He said while forming a frame using his thumbs and forefingers to Granger and Guinevere.

"Just how much insensitive you can be?" Guinevere blurted out of frustration in a high pitch voice.

"No thanks." Granger said, "If I will fall in love with a royalty, I'll make sure that she has a strong will and responsibility to her duties."

The Baroque princess seemed shy and avoided their gazes because she knew herself she was far from that.

"Strong will and responsibility?" Gusion muttered, "Are you talking about Her Highness? Princess Sil–"