Chapter One

She slowly fluttered her eyes open, her body felt so heavy like a giant stone was over her.

She blinked her eyes a few times to adjust her vision for it was still blurry. Once it was adjusted, she scanned the place where she was. She was in a room, with some bandages and cotton on the side table, she had casts on her right arm and right leg- and a few people who were watching her intently.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Where am I?"

The other people in the room sighed in relief and went near her. Their reactions made her curious.

"I thought you'll be thrashing again, thank goodness." A woman in her pigtails said while smiling at her.

"Thrashing?" She asked in curiosity.

A woman in a boyish cut cleared her throat, "You thrashed everytime you wake up these past one week. We had to hold you to keep you in place and inject you some medicine to make you calm and sleep."

"And you kept on shouting the name Harley while you were thrashing and crying." A woman with two blades on her side added.

She froze upon the mention of her little brother's name. The scene happened on that night flashed in her mind that made her tears fell in an instant.

"Fanny! You made her cry!" The pigtail-haired woman exclaimed as she went near her. "Oh my gosh, miss, don't cry. Just nevermind what she said. Just think she isn't existing in this world."

"Hey!" The woman with blades named Fanny reacted, "I'm sorry miss. I didn't mean to and don't listen to Layla please."

She didn't listen neither to them, she was busy crying and blaming herself for not protecting her little brother.

I am such a failure. She said to herself.

"Please, stop crying." The woman with boyish cut hair said and handed her a glass of water.

Layla got the glass and helped her drink the water.

They were still trying to stop her from crying when the door went open and four men entered– one that had a sword and shield, the other one with a giant sword, a small one that was like a cat elf, and the last one with a gun and a violin or guitar case– she wasn't sure.

There were too many people in the room and she felt her mind was spinning.

"What did you do to her? Why is she crying?" The man with sword and shield asked.

"Your sister made her cry, Sir Tigreal." The woman with boyish cut said.

"Don't listen to Kimmy, I didn't– okay maybe I did but it wasn't intentional." Fanny defended herself.

The man named Tigreal sighed and put his weapons on the side before walking near her, "How are you feeling miss?"

She just lightly shook her head, she didn't even make an eye contact with them as she tears were still falling from her eyes.

"Can we know your name?" The man with gun and guitar case asked her.

"We? Or just you Granger?" Layla teased him.

"Layla stop teasing. She's crying for f– my violin's sake!" The man named Granger exclaimed.

They continued to argue while Lesley was still crying silently. Thinking where Harley could be now and if he was okay.

She closed her eyes so hard to stop herself from crying. She needed to be strong in able to save her little brother.

But the question is, "How?"

She took a deep breath and exhaled to relax herself, wiping her dried tears silently.

"Can we asked some questions now miss–?" Tigreal asked, implying her to say her name.

"Lesley Vance." She answered in a low voice but enough for them to be heard.

"Right, Miss Lesley. We found you unconscious and almost in the verge of dying. Can you tell us what happened?" Tigreal asked once again.

Lesley took a deep breath, "I was following my little brother that night, silently protecting him when I was suddenly attacked by a giant creature. It looks like a lizard, a giant one actually and all I can remember is that that creature was with someone with a female robot-like voice."

"And the last thing I saw before I lost consciousness was they took my little brother." She continued.

"A giant lizard? Never heard anything about that." Fanny said, "And maybe that robot came from Eruditio? That city is known for science and mechas."

"But why would they attacked someone like that? They even took her little brother." The man with giant sword said.

"Don't you remember their names?" Kimmy asked her.

"I remember that the female robot called the giant lizard as Monitor Lizard." Lesley answered.

"Brother, this thing bothers me." Fanny said to her brother.

Tigreal nodded, "Yes. I feel something odd about this."

Lesley fidgetted on her nails, contemplating if she should asked for help or not. But it was her little brother at stake.

She was about to say something when the door went open and a new person came in.

He was wearing purple underneath and a purple muffler with a dagger he was spinning on his hand.

"Oh, the lady is already awake." He blurted when he looked at her.

"And where did you go this time Gusion?" Tigreal asked the newcomer named Gusion.

"Around where we found the lady." The man named Gusion answered, "I couldn't find any traces but I found this." He said as he brought out a string-like thing.

"Anything else?" Fanny asked.

Gusion shook his head then suddenly jolted up, "Oh, I found this also." He said as he brought out a familiar top hat.

That made Lesley in tears once again, stretching out her shaking hand, asking the man named Gusion to give the hat to her which he did.

She wept silently once again, hugging the top hat of her little brother.

No one spoke, they were just looking at her with sympathy. They could feel her pain and suffering.

Her faint calling of her little brother's name could be heard as she wept.

They didn't know her, but seeing her in that condition broke their hearts.

She must really loved her little brother. Gusion thought and sighed. I wonder what it would feel to be loved by your siblings.

"P-please..." Lesley said and looked at them, still weeping, "Help me. Help me save my little brother."

~~~~~

It feels like my chest was tightening on the last part. It was really painful to put Lesley on a vulnerable state *cries*

A short update. This was more like uhh, another introduction. Hahahaha.