-

"In a couple of hours, the full moon's gonna rise just above that ridge. If Tyler's right, that's where the pack'll be." Ric said as we were walking along the trail.

"You were a Boy Scout, weren't you?" Elena asks.

"Shut up." I chuckled at Ric.

"A Boy Scout, slash vampire slayer." Elena exclaimed.

"Slash whiskey-drinking all-around lost cause." Me and Elena laugh.

"Your not a lost cause Ric." I told him. He gave me a small smile which I returned.

We stopped walking to take a quick rest and get weapons well them not me, my weapon is myself. I looked over to Alaric opening his bag and I saw weapons inside.

"Wow. You came stocked." Elena commented.

"Well, we aren't exactly bird watching." He replied. "Here. Put that in your bag." He hands Elena a wolfsbane grenade.

"Vervain grenade?" She asks. Really Elena?

"Wolfbane." He states standing up. She puts in her bag and pulled the Gilbert Ring out.

"Well, since we're exchanging gifts..." She holds it out for Ric to take.

"That's John Gilbert ring." He said.

"It was yours once. Go ahead. Take it. It'll protect you from whatever supernatural danger we're about to get ourselves into."

"He gave it to you." He shot back.

"Yeah. But I'm a doppelgänger it's not gonna work on me. He left it for if I ever have kids." They continued to argue about it and eventually Ric took the ring and put it on. I took my canteen out and began to drink. I then felt a presence coming our way and I know that from anywhere....Damon. I felt butterflies in my stomach. But wait how did he know we were here? It then clicked....Ric. I look at him who was drinking from his canteen. Doppelbitch looked out at the lake and started saying. "I don't know why you think your a hopeless-" She was caught off as she screamed and went flying into the lake and Alaric pointed his crossbow at the person who threw her and it was Damon. I chuckled as Elena resurfaced from the water gasping for air.

"Damon?" Elena asked confused. "How are you here?" She asks. Damon looked over at Alaric.

"Thanks for the tip, brother." Elena looked slightly betrayed.

"You sold me out." Elena exclaimed to Alaric and I just rolled my eyes.

"Think I'd take the both of you to a mountain range if werewolves on a full moon without back up?"

Damon looks at me then back to Elena. "Get out of the water Elena."

"No if I get out of the water, you're gonna make us go home."

"Yes, because I'm not an idiot like you."

Damon stated.

"Right now, you're both acting like idiots." Alaric stated. I nodded at him in agreement.

"You gave up on him, Damon." Elena says.

"I didn't give up on him, Elena. I face reality. Now get out of the water!"

"Come on Damon please I haven't given up on him either and like I said earlier you shouldn't either. We still have time to look for Stefan before the moon reaches it's apex. Damon please." I pleaded. He looked at me. I gave him the look. The look is something I give Damon so he will agree or say yes or no about something. He finally gave in.