Chapter 14

I sped down the  highway, music blaring, Windows down, wind blowing in my face. I sped pass the sign. Welcome to Virginia. I sigh. I need a break.  I thought to myself. I pulled over at a roadside diner. I got out and locked the car, walking into the diner.

It was a quiet little diner. There weren't many people here. I sat at a table in the corner skimming over the menu. I'm starving and since I'm a hybrid now every now and again I must eat people food.

"What can I get you for a drink?" I waitress said to me. I look up and pull a fake smile. I pulled out my pocket knife and before she reacts I grab her wrist and start compelling her.

"Don't move or make a sound." She did as I said and I grab her wrist and sliced it open. I let the blood pour into a coffee mug. When it was full I compelled her to clean herself up and to come back. She left in a hurry clutching her wrist. I lifted the mug to my lips before drinking it. I exhale once I finish it. I set the mug down and soon after the same waitress comes back.

What can I get you?" She asks in fear. I smirk up at her before placing the menu down.

"I'd like an omelette, with bacon and cheese with hashbrowns on the side." She nods before grabbing the menu and hurrying away. I check the time and its only 11:00 am. I sigh before relaxing back in the chair. Just then my phone rung. I groaned before answering it after seeing who it was.

'What do you want Damon?' I ask him impatiently.

"I need your help."

"Is that so? Now why the hell should I help you?"

"Look it's about Stefan, he's starting to go a little over board with the whole Klaus and the coffins thing. He won't listen to me and I remember how you two were close when we were humans. I thought you can knock some sense into him." Damon explained to me. I rolled my eyes.

"How exactly did he go overboard?" I ask him.

"He tried to kill Elena to get Klaus to get rid of his hybrids." I cringed when he said her name.

"Well I wish he'd finish the job. But nevertheless I can do it myself."

"Alex just leave her out of this. I know you hate her and me but just focus on talking to Stefan." And with that he hung up. The waitress came back with a smile giving me my food. I fake smiled and thanked her as she walked away. Great now Damon put me in a mood. I looked around and saw like no one here put two waitresses the chef and one guy at the bar. I ate some of my food before standing up and walking to the waitresses my face change as I dug my fangs into her neck. I dropped the body when I heard screaming. I vamped out again as I dug my teeth into the other waitress and snapped her neck and ran around to the rest and fed off of them.

-

I drove down the highway playing Made in the USA by Demi Lovato. At the speed I'm going I'm not going to make it to Mystic Falls until around 1 maybe. I sighed then slowed down and looked ahead to see there was traffic.

"Are you kidding me?" I groaned and banged my head on the steering wheel which caused me to think my horn. Which people were not happy with. I pulled out my phone pressing down on the contact putting it on speaker phone a  I listened  to it ring. Finally they picked  up.

"Hey Stef."

"Where are you?" Stefan asked sounding slightly irritated.

"On a highway in Virginia and since I'm stuck in traffic I'm not going to be back until 6 at this rate." I told him. "So give me an update of what I missed while I was gone." He then explained to me on how he got Klaus's hybrids out of town and about Abby Bennett.  I laughed.

"Brilliant. Bloody brilliant." I said.

"I'm assuming your going to follow?"

"Mhm." I nod knowing he can't see me.

"Well alright keep me posted."

"Got it." Then he hung up. I drove up a bit then stopped as the cars slowed again. Good I'm going to be for forever. I groaned hitting my head on the steering wheel AGAIN!

-

I drove pass the Welcome to Music Falls. That traffic took me forever to get through and it took me a bit longer then I expected to get here. Stefan told me about Klaus's getting all the coffins but the fourth one that contains my grandmother. Which was good I guess.

I drove to my home and found my father had finished  it. It looked gorgeous I liked it. I walked in to see my father standing there shocked and what surprised me as seeing uncle Elijah. Did I mention he was holding a heart? No okay.

"So Niklaus what did I miss?" Uncle Elijah asked in kind of a menacing way.

Awkward. I thought. They're heads snapped to me.

"I said that out loud didn't I?"

"Yes I believe you did." Uncle Eli responded. I nodded.

"Well looks like you two have some discussing to do so I'm just gonna-" I didn't finish because I ran out of there. I already know there is going to be a fight and I didn't want to get involved so yea. 

I was walking down the street when my phone rang and it was Stefan.

"Hey Steffy what's up?" I ask.

"Can you come over? Damon just left." He asked his voice sounding strained. I was instantly worried.

"Stef what's wrong?"

"Just come over." Then he hung up. I put my phone away then sped to the boarding house walking right in and found Stefan sitting on his bed with his head  in his hands. I quietly walked over and sat down next to him placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. He looked up at me and he had tears in his eyes. My heart broke. I engulfed him in a hug I felt the hot tear on my shoulder as I rubbed his back.

"What happened? When?" I asked about him turning it on.

"It didn't happen until when Elena told me her and Damon kissed." My heart broke hearing that. Yea sure you don't still love her Damon you idiot.

"I've done so many things. Horrible things." I hugged  him again.

"You will get through this." I told him cupping his face so he was  looking at me. "You are one of the strongest people I know you will get through this focus on my voice. Focus it on one emotion. You probably know this but yea it helps." I lightly chuckle to lighten the mood. I let go of his face. He wipe  his face.

"I'm sorry I sho-"

"Shut up." I told him. "I'm happy to help  Stefan I care about you." I told him sincerely. He lightly smiled at me which I returned one back. We looked in each others eyes for a few moments before he started leaning in. I found myself leaning in too.

Then we were kissing eachother. His lips were so soft and sweet. This kiss was perfect it felt good and right. But I felt guilt making its way through my mind but I pushed it away. Stefan gently laid me underneath him as his hands were on either side of my head looking down at me. He leaned down and kissed me again and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I ripped his clothes off as he did the same to me. Then we were under the covers.

_________________________________
So sorry that it's been forever since I updated and that it's short. And well that was certainly a different change of events between Alex and Stefan don't you think?

What do you think of what happened between Alex and Stefan?

And they're ship name is Stalex.

VOTE/COMMENT