40| CENTURIES

Third person's POV

Three years of peace and happiness passed before life crashed down again. Celeste had moved on from everything that happened and focused on her life with Edward. They had their first child together and she believed this beautiful life that she was living would last forever.

She was terribly wrong.

Primrose turned eighteen and things changed. She vanished to be never be seen again. We looked everywhere but there was no sign of her. It drove her parents insane with worry and they felt powerless.

Their daughter was gone and would never come back again. Three years ago when Celeste fought her father, Primrose had met her mate. Amarion was a immortal deity and had brung Primrose back to life when she died.

Aurora learned after months of intensely praying and searching that he took Primrose up to the heavens with him. She lived there with him and would continue to do so for centuries.

Even though they received an answer, it was still hard for the family to process. They didn't even get to say goodbye. Sadly, they had to continue living their lives. It was hard to let go of Primrose and they mourned her.

Life goes on. Celeste grew her family and so did her cousin and brothers. Soon she got caught up in raising children, being Luna Enforcer and Alpha. She still missed Primrose very much, but decided to see her as a little sister who was just on a very long vacation away from her family.

Primrose's parents took the longest to process the loss. Nothing kept them busy, because they stepped down from their roles. Aurora and Eros decided to travel to try to heal. It never got better, but they learned how to deal with the pain.

As for Primrose herself. She was completely infatuated with Amarion as he was with her. Centuries went by before she realised that she had family that would probably wonder where she went. She went down to earth and met the latest generation of her family.

She was granted immortality and because of that lost track of time. Her family and all her loved ones had already passed away. She was struck with enorm sadness but when she turned back to the heavens, she let everything go.

In only a few days, which felt like seconds to her, she forgot about her parents and siblings. She only remembered that she was Queen of the Universe.

Whoever decided it had to be this way, decided that. It was the ending of the story that started with Aurora and ended with her daughter. Time did its thing and passed on. Primrose saw societies raise and fall. She forgot about her life as a human and only saw herself as a goddess.

Until one day when they had a council meeting. Amarion spoke of the problems going on in the human world but never of solutions. They only watched how everything worsened but never stepped in to help.

To Primrose it was just a normal meeting and she sighed happily when it was over. She turned to her husband and wanted to ask him to join her on a walk, when Artemis approached her.

"Would you like to go on a walk with me, your Majesty?", she asked politely.

"Don't take too long", Amarion muttered annoyed.

He looked forward to spending time with his Primrose. The women walked out and Artemis transported them to the Moon. This was her land and source of all her power. Primrose came here often when she just turned immortal but visited less and less frequent.

"This was your life as my child", Artemis showed her a big mirror.

Primrose looked and saw herself growing up as a wolf. She saw her parents, brother, and cousin. It was hard to recognise them at first but the feeling in her chest told her they were family. How did she forget about them?

"They're living happily in the afterlife, but they're still waiting for you to come."

Waiting for her? Primrose felt tears fall down her cheeks. She hadn't cried since so long ago. She stared at her previous life and noticed how happy she was. Her family cherished her dearly and she forgot about them.

"I can make them forget about you, so that they will finally know real peace. They've been waiting for five centuries", Artemis spoke.

Five centuries. Had it already been that long? She didn't know what to say. She felt guilty for forgetting about them and letting time pass by so carelessly. They were suffering because of her. She didn't want that.

"Make them forget", she uttered out.

Artemis nodded and with a snap of her fingers, they did. Aurora and Eros forgot that they had a daughter, Zeus forgot that he had a little sister, and Celeste forgot that she had a cousin. The name Primrose slipped their mind and they found peace.

Primrose returned to Amarion and like before, she forgot. The sadness left her body and she could only focus on him. That's they way she lived on forever.

{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}{~}

This is the end of the story. I'm sorry it took so long to finish, but I wasn't sure how I wanted to end this story.
I had many ideas but this ending seemed the most interesting to me.
Thank you for reading 'Enforcer Edward'!
Please stay safe and wear a mask!!!