17| BROTHER

Daisy was human and that's why we got along. She had no idea of my father, the psycho Alpha who was out for his daughter's blood. All she knew was that both my parents were dead and that my aunt and uncle had taken me in. She was my best friend throughout high school and I had liked her a lot because I could escape my insane world when I was around her.

Although I hadn't spoken to her ever since we graduated and she went off to college while I moved in with my mate, her death was something that hit me hard. She had an entire life planned out and got killed because she was a friend of mine. I felt so guilty.

My heart was racing and I couldn't stop crying. Wherever I went, how happy I was, my father would always find me and ruin my life. He was never going to stop until I was dead.

"Calm down, Celeste-",

"How can I 'calm down'?! She got killed for only being my friend. She was human!", I exclaimed frustrated.

My aunt sighed and left me alone for a bit. She walked out of my bedroom and I was all alone. Not that I minded, I wanted to be alone. I sighed and walked over to the bathroom. Maybe splashing some water in my face could help me calm down.

I leaned down the sink and let the cold water drench my face. My pores shook awake and it did well. I felt like I was on fire and the water cooled me down.

"Did our present scare you?",

I looked up and in the mirror, I saw a man behind me. My hands were shaking and I slowly turned around. He was tall and looked about Zeus' age. He had light brown hair and familiar olive-green eyes. He reminded me of someone.

"You don't know me", he realized.

"I do", my voice was shaking.

My father.

"You're my brother", the words felt dirty in my mouth.

He grinned wickedly and he really was his father's son. The resemblance was creepy, he was creepy. My hand moved towards Edward's shaving device. I needed something to protect myself. He was a future Alpha and was probably taught to kill me.

"Do you really think that'll save you", he was mocking me.

"Why don't you come and see it for yourself?", I snapped.

My fear was vading away as I remembered Daisy and what they did to her. He moved closer and I held the device in front of me. Before I even realized it, he had dismantled me and taken ahold of my two hands.

"You're making this very easy, sissy", he chuckled.

I grunted and kicked him with my knee in his crotch. He groaned and bowed forwards, I pushed him to the ground and laid my foot on his neck. His hands found a way around my foot and he tugged it hard. I stumbled on top of him and he turned us around so he was laying on me. He was very heavy and I figured it must've been those muscles.

"You have the pit of the Felix Pack in you",

"Was that supposed to be a compliment?", I spat.

Again he chuckled and he was enjoying this way too much. Honestly, this wasn't how I had expected today to go. It was supposed to be perfect and another man was supposed to lay on top of me in a completely different scenario.

Edward.

I guess he felt my distress because I could sense him coming closer. It gave me new energy to beat my brothers ass. I smashed my head against him and he fell back. I got back on my feet but so did he. We both heard the door to my room open.

"It was nice to meet you, sissy",

Edward smashed the door open and before he could jump on my brother, he escaped out of the window. We went to look and he was running into the woods until he vanished.

"Are you alright?", he cupped my face worriedly.

I shook my head and let him pull me in his embrace as I cried. I had forgotten about my harsh reality so it hit twice as hard when it waltzed right back in. I had gotten too comfortable here with him. This was all my fault.