The Feeling

I was in the bathroom putting small waves into my hair. It was a weekday, middle of the week, and yet Taehyung had taken time out of his schedule to ask me out, and more time to actually take me out tonight. What was even more crazy was that I was sitting here doing-up my hair and making sure my make-up was cute enough for a first date, all for Taehyung. I had to stop more than once to ask myself what the hell I was doing.

I had told as few people about this as possible. Lisa didn't know because I was avoiding her, only for Sowon's sake, but still. Sowon wasn't ready for all that and had opted to stay asleep in her bed for the last three days or so, which I wasn't going to deny her. Breaking up was hard, especially if there was cheating involved. Granted, she was the one who cheated, but she seemed pretty sorry about it.

Anyway, she was the only person who knew because she was the only person I'd seen outside of classes since Taehyung and I had met up for lunch the other day. I'd made a point to show up to class slightly late and book it out of there super quick when it was over when I'd seen Jungkook and Jimin in their respective classes, but neither had seemed suspicious. People were busy all the time.

For all I knew, I was doing all this work, getting myself nice and hot, and I'd walk outside and a parade of frat boys would be out there laughing as someone snapped pictures of the pathetic girl who slept with a guy once and never forgot about it, and then had sex with him again and now agreed to go on a date with him? What the fuck is wrong with me?

The guy was Taehyung, sure, as if that somehow made it okay and different, but I guess in my mind it did? I realized that Taehyung meant more to me than I'd previously admitted to myself and that scared me. What was even weirder to think about was that I seemed to mean more to Taehyung than just the average fuck as well. I mean, why else would he go through all the hoops of inviting me out just to ask me out?

I had no idea of what to expect from tonight. I couldn't deny I was excited, though, even if I had a lot of worries about everything that could go wrong. God, I was just as much of a giggling high school girl as Eunha.

I finished up and checked my phone. It was just about six, which mean it was about time. It was pretty early for a date as far as I was concerned, but Taehyung insisted that was the time and that I should be prepared for a long night. Whatever that meant, maybe that I'd be so god-damn impressed with him that I'd fuck him afterwards? I don't know. I wasn't trusting my judgment enough to make promises with myself because it seemed to me I had absolutely no self control when it came to him. Whatever. We'd see tonight I guess.

I got the text that he was here and said goodbye to Sowon, though she didn't answer. She might have actually been sleeping at this point. I took a deep breath to steel my nerves and then stepped outside my dorm and made my way to the front entrance.

He was there, in a big black SUV with tinted windows, but the front passenger window was down so I could see him. It didn't seem like he was with anyone else, just him. Oh god, this was really happening. I walked over to the car and got in.

"Hi," he said warmly.

"Hi," I said back, shutting the door and glancing over him with whatever smile I could muster. Why was I so nervous about this?

"Well," he said, putting the car in drive and pushing to button to roll my window up from his side. "I hope you're ready to be in the car for a while. We're going into the city."

"That's like an hour and a half of driving," I said confused.

He nodded. "Who the hell goes on a date at six? It'll be seven-thirty by the time we get there so it'll be perfect," he said proudly.

I almost rolled my eyes, except I was too busy smiling about how cute he looked as he all but pat himself on the back for his own 'brilliance'. "Fine, but I get to DJ," I said, pulling out my phone and grabbing his aux cord.