Power Trip

After an hour or two things calmed down and I was able to fall asleep. I woke up once, the clock had read 4:00 AM. The door opened and closed and I saw it was Sowon through the low light pouring in from outside, even though I had expected her to just stay over at Yoongi's. I went back to sleep without much thought, though.

The morning wasn't so bad. I actually felt pretty okay when I opened my eyes, at least until I remembered the events of last night. I needed to move to another country or something. There was simply no way to avoid Taehyung, as much as I had tried.

Half of the point of going to a school away from Jimin was partially to get away from Taehyung and that whole mess to begin with. I frowned. This was all Jin's fault. If he hadn't cheated on me I wouldn't even be here. Then again, I would have never met Jin if Taehyung hadn't made me want to run away from him in the first place...

So basically all of my misery was still Taehyung's fault. Or maybe my own for being so god damn susceptible to him and whatever charms he had.

I rolled over and looked at Sowon's bed. She was laying there, but her eyes were open. In fact, I wasn't sure she had slept at all.

"Oh, you're awake," she said when she finally noticed me looking at her. "It's morning," she said as if she just realized. She sat up and ran a hand through her hair and looked around and pulled the blankets back from her, letting her feet dangle over the edge of her bed.

"Yeah, good morning," I said, sitting up. "Are you okay?" I asked as she continued her weird behavior.

Her hands went to her face, but she didn't look any more at ease when she removed them. "I think I cheated on Yoongi last night."

"What?" I said, eyes widening. I got fully out of bed and went to sit next to her. I put an arm around her shoulder. "What happened? What do you mean?"

"I don't know," she shook her head. "We were dancing and, oh god. I could say it was the drugs, but it wasn't. I don't think so. Not really," she muttered. She seemed like she might cry.

I nodded. The stuff Jungkook gave us was a definite body high, but there wasn't really any heavy mental effects. Any decisions that were made were the person's own, I knew that too well. I tried to push thoughts of Taehyung away. I was trying to focus on what Sowon was trying to tell me.

"Who were you dancing with?" I asked. I'd dipped out of the party pretty early, so if anything happened with some guy, I probably wouldn't have seen it.

"Lisa," she said, folding her hands in her lap, avoiding my eyes.

I'd seen that, but that didn't make any sense. Lisa would be the last person to allow Sowon to make off with some guy when she had a boyfriend. Lisa would be reeling her in and making sure she was okay.

"I dunno. Yoongi and I got into a fight when I tried to talk to him, so then she offered to make me feel better and we were just dancing, but..." Sowon went on.

I blinked and then blinked again. That glint in Lisa's eyes that one day at lunch flashed before my eyes. "Oh," I said dumbly. "Oh my God," I said again as realization stumbled through me. "Wait, she didn't-?"

"No," she sat up straighter and looked at me. "No, no, no. God, no. I mean, she asked me if I was okay and if I was sure like three-hundred times. No, she didn't do anything wrong. In fact, I left kind of like an asshole afterwards. God, I'm such an asshole," she said, burying her face in her hands again.

I gently pat her back. It wasn't like I had a particularly soft spot for cheaters, but Sowon seemed genuinely confused and distraught and as her friend I knew I needed to be there for her. "Are you going to tell him?" I asked gently.