"Julie," he said, to get my attention.

"Don't forget, luv, twenty-four hours," he reminded me of my timeframe to confess to Mike. Before leaving, he slapped the portion of my buttcheeks that were poking out from underneath my t-shirt, making me whine around my toothbrush as I held it securely in my mouth. Pointing a finger at me in warning, "Twenty-four hours," he repeated, on his way out.

The next day at the NJC

Julie's pov

Shane knocked on our bedroom door to inform me he was leaving to pick up Mike at the airport in fifteen minutes.

"Would you like to come with me, Julie?" he asked.

"Not even a little bit," I replied dismissively, without looking up from my phone.

"Excuse me?" Shane sounded annoyed but I either didn't notice, or didn't care. Ok, I didn't care.

"I said, no." This time I made eye contact and spoke more emphatically.

"Oh, I heard what you said, Julie. I'm more concerned with the way you said it." Shane crossed his arms and glared daggers at me.

"I. Don't. Want. To. Go," I spoke slowly, exaggerating each word so he would finally get the message and leave. What part of this is he not getting? I'm so not in the mood for this right now.

"For someone who's on pretty thin ice, you sure are walking with a heavy foot." Shane continued to narrow his gaze even more.

I honestly don't even know what that means.

"Okay?" I said, in an annoyed tone. I don't know how I'm supposed to respond to that.

"Perhaps you'd like to accompany me back to my room where we can discuss this further in private, young lady." Shane was throwing out all the warning signs but I was either ignoring them, or missing them. Ok, I was ignoring them.

"Perhaps," I responded lazily, before turning my focus back to my phone. I honestly wasn't even paying attention to him at this point.

I heard Shane take a deep breath and exhale loudly. Next thing I knew, he had an ironclad grip on my left arm and I was forcefully yanked off my bed to a standing position. He took my phone out of my hand and tossed it on the bed.

"Let's go, Julie. We will finish this conversation in my room," he said sternly, as he dragged me out the door.

Once we were in his room, he slammed his door shut and slapped my bottom hard enough to make me yelp.

"What in the world is wrong with you?" Shane was seething with anger at my less than respectful responses but he was genuinely perplexed at the same time. He spanked my butt again with his firm hand.

"Nothing," I said, as I kept my head down.

"Really? Nothing?" Shane asked angrily, spanking each of my thighs with a resounding smack.

I kept my gaze on the floor and remained silent.

"Did my Admiral's belt not leave a strong enough impression on you? Do I need to have you fetch it from my closet again?" Shane was seconds away from completely losing his composure.

"No sir," I whispered in tears.

Shane must've heard something in my voice that tipped him off because he swiftly lifted my chin so I'd look him in the eye.

"Why are you crying, Julie?"

I just lowered my head and cried harder.

"Hey." Shane lifted my chin again. "Look at me." Shane held my chin firmly.

Reluctantly, I met his gaze.

"I don't want to tell Mike," I said, still in tears.

"You don't want to tell Mike?" he softly mimicked my words, speaking more to himself than me as he shook his head in disgust and disbelief. Looking me in the eyes, Shane asked, "What are you afraid of?" He held my hands as my shoulders shook from crying.

"He_he's g_gonna be ma_mad," I stuttered, as I tried to calm myself down.

"Probably." Shane sounded annoyed now. "Did you seriously think disrespecting me would get you out of telling Mike that you smoked marijuana?"

I just looked at him but didn't answer.

Shane spanked my bottom hard.

"Answer me," he commanded sternly.

"I'm sorry," I said, as I sniffled.

Shane spanked me again even harder.

"That's not an answer and you know better than to disrespect me because you're upset about having to confess your misbehaviour to Mike?"

"I'm sorry," I said again, softly this time, as I started to feel ashamed of the way I spoke to Shane earlier.

"Are you sorry for the disrespectful way you spoke to me in your room? Or are you just sorry that the few swats I gave you reignited the fire on your behind from your belting yesterday?" Shane brought the palm of his right hand down hard on my bottom making me wince in pain. "Answer me. Which is it, Julie?"

"Both," I replied cautiously, not sure if that's what he wanted to hear.

Shane held my arm firmly as he slapped my butt forcefully five times.

"You know better than to speak to me that way," he scolded, pointing his finger at me. "Don't you?"

I didn't answer him.

"You better keep your mouth in check for the rest of the night, Julie Elizabeth, because if I hear you smart off to Mike even once during your conversation with him, so help me God, I will punish you so hard, you'll see Jesus. Am I clear?"

My eyes widened hearing Shane's bizarre, bone-chilling threat. Jeez! Why is he being such a hard-ass today? I thought, as I absentmindedly rubbed my left buttcheek.

It took me a minute to process everything but once I did, I swallowed audibly and said, "Yes sir," with conviction in my tone.

Shane spanked me once more before releasing his grip on my arm.

"I am going to pick up Mike now. When we return, I bloody well expect to find you sitting in this chair with a brand new attitude, ready to confess."