Katherine Amelia Nichols

"When I was looking for things to do here with children, I found this cool zoo themed restaurant, and I want to take Greyson there," I told Clara and Collette.  They looked at me as if they didn't understand. "But if I take him, I'd have to bring Jason with me too!"

"Katherine, I faced my so-called 'commitment issues,' so you better woman up and face Jason and your issues that have had for way too long," Clara said.  Collette nodded in agreement, but I frowned.

"But I don't want to," I complained.

"Yes, you do, Katherine," Collette said. "You're just too scared to bring it up because you don't want to forgive him as easily as you would."

Clara nodded while I gave her an offended look.

"I most certainly would not easily forgive him," I said, putting my hand over my heart in exaggerated offense.

"You so would!" Clara shot back.  Collette slapped her shoulder.

"That's beside the point.  The point is you are going to have to talk to him at some point, and the less time you wait to have the talk, the less awkward it's going to be," Collette informed me.

"Oh, is that why you told the two guys not to talk to you about your issues?" I asked, pettily.  She rolled her eyes at me.

"Since I know that you're just trying to get out of talking to Jason, I'll ignore your stupid comment," she said.  I sighed, and she smiled. "You shouldn't let your fear of solving this problem affect Greyson, and your plans with him.  I mean, don't you think Greyson would want his guardians to at least talk to each other without being passive aggressive or argumentative?"

She's got a point.

"Fine, but I'm not going to be the first to say anything about it," I said.  They just sighed.

"I'll settle for that," Collette said, sipping her lemonade.

"I'll text him about it right now," I said definitively as I pulled my phone out and opened my chat with Jason.  I told him about the restaurant and how I was going to take Greyson there if he wanted to join.

He responded back with an 'okay, I will,' and that was it.

I smoothed out my yellow dress as I approached the door to Jason's room

I smoothed out my yellow dress as I approached the door to Jason's room.  He was watching Greyson today because apparently I've been spending time with him all vacation.

After a single knock, the door was pulled open to reveal Jason in a nice floral button-up and some khakis and Greyson, who sported a similar look.

"Hey, Sweetheart.  Aren't you looking just handsome?" I cooed as I took Greyson from Jason's arms.  Greyson giggled, and I smiled at him. "Are you excited for the restaurant?"

He nodded, excitedly.

"Daddy told me it like a zoo," he said in his sweet little baby voice.  I smiled and nodded as I turned and started walking away from Jason's door.