Katherine Amelia Nichols

The birthday party was over after what seemed like forever, and then we were left with the clean up.

Greyson was sleeping in his room, and Jason was washing the dishes in the kitchen.  I was in the living room, cleaning up the wrapping paper and all of the plastic cups people left around before they left.

The television was playing my playlist on youtube of songs I loved as I cleaned.  I liked to listen to music as I was cleaning.  I liked listening to music no matter what I was doing, actually.  Even if I was just chasing Greyson around the house.

I finished cleaning pretty quickly because it's not that hard to pick up paper and cups.  I carried the garbage bag out to the trash cans that were beside the house before walking into the kitchen.  Jason was still washing the dishes, so I hopped up onto the counter just to talk with him until he's done.  Washing the dishes is incredibly boring- trust me, I'm speaking from experience.

"That was exhausting," I commented with a laugh.  He nodded in agreement, but he didn't look up from the dishes.

"Your sister's still...." he trails off, thinking about the right way to put it. "The same."

I laughed before falling into some weird trance.  He looked really hot right now.  Like really hot.  I don't think I've ever found him more attractive than he is right now, and that's saying something because we went on a lot of dates and right now he was only washing the dishes.

Correction: He had only finished washing the dishes.

He wiped his hands off on a towel, and I gasped.

"That's for decoration!" I said, dramatically.  He responded in the same dramatic fashion.

"Oh no, I have made a terrible mistake.  Will you ever forgive me?" he asked, and I smiled leaning forward on the counter.  He walked closer to me.

As if on cue, the song previously playing- "Let Her Go"- ended, and my favorite love song- "A Thousand Years"- began.

"I'm sure that can be arranged," I replied in a quieter tone.  He smiled. "At a price, of course."

He smiled and stepped closer.  His hands hovered at my waist, and I resisted the urge to just yell at him to make his move.  He leaned in, and I- desperate to kiss him again- leaned forward even more and our lips connected.  My hands went to his hair.

My hands travelled down to his abdomen, and I untucked his button-up shirt from his khakis.  I fumbled with the buttons on his shirt.  He shrugged his shirt off of his shoulder and picked me up off the counter.

We made our way up the stairs to the room that I have been staying in, and the second the door is closed, my back pressed against the door.  He reconnected our lips before laying me back on the bed.  His hands went to the hem of my shirt, pulling it over my head.

  His hands went to the hem of my shirt, pulling it over my head