Clara Rose Carmichael

One Month Later

None of the procedures have worked, and I felt bad for Lucas.

First, his long-time girlfriend leaves him.  Then, I can't even do my job and get pregnant.  I was beginning to stress myself out for the procedures not working.  Add in the bomb Ophelia dropped on me when she left.

He loves you... more than he's ever loved me, I think.

I haven't talked to him since the plane ride here- to Bora Bora- two days ago.  I've never been on a plane before, and it's safe to say I freaked out.

Unfortunately, I was sitting between a stranger and Lucas since Katherine was sitting with Greyson and Jason and Collette was sitting between David and Max.  We were all in seating situations that were a bit more awkward than we'd like.

The plane took off, and I started to get myself all psyched out.  Lucas talked me through it, and, obviously, I survived, but I was so worried about the possibility of him liking me- loving me- being true that I haven't said a word to him since that went beyond basic greetings.

He went off with Jason and David(I have no idea what Max did) while I talked to Katherine and Collette.  Katherine was in charge of watching Greyson the whole time so that the guys could get drunk.  Their reasoning was because Collette wasn't allowed to drink anyway she'd watch him while everyone else got hammered and had fun.

And, I mean, it was one of their more logical ideas.

Collette, Katherine, Greyson, and I spent our time ping-ponging between the tiki bar and the beach.

"Before Ophelia left she told me that Lucas loved me... more than her!" I blurted, the dam that censored my thoughts and my words breaking.

"What?" both of them exclaimed at the same time as Katherine took her coconut drink from the bartender of the tiki bar.  I nodded, an ashamed shade of red dusting my face.

"And now I don't know what to do!" I worried.  Collette looked at me like I was stupid.

"What do you mean I don't know what to do?" she exclaimed in a mocking tone. "You march right up to him and tell him that you like him!"

"But I don't know if I do!" I said, stressed.  She gave me a look that said 'bitch' in an exhausted tone.

"The way you talk about him and your interactions says you do," Katherine said.  Collette nodded in agreement.

"You've just got commitment issues," Collette said in a sing-song voice.  I glared at her.

"I do not."

"But you do, Bud," she returned.  I rolled my eyes and sipped my drink.

"Do not," I mumbled into the glass.  She smiled and shook her head as Katherine grabbed Greyson's hand.  We walked back to the beach and stood with our feet in the water as Greyson jumped around the water in his life-jacket.

"I hate how Jason and I are back to square one," Katherine said, breaking the silence.  She turned her head away from Greyson to look at Collette and I. "I was the happiest I've ever been in years that night with Jason, and I just wish that I'd never picked up his phone when it rang that morning."

"Do you think Jason would've told you about the job offer in California, though?" I asked.  She seemed to think about it for a moment before ultimately shrugging.

"I don't know, honestly," she admitted. "I'd like to think he would, but he didn't tell me then, and it seemed like he had known for a while from what the lady said.  What do you guys think I should do?"