CHAPTER FIVE

At Alhaji saminu's
"Alhaji it's been weeks"
"Don't you think we should report to the police"
"Yet?" Said Hajiya bara'atu.
"No, the senator got what he wanted. For me to keep shut I  can't risk my only daughter's life we have to be patient"
"She would be back inshallah" Alhaji said with a drop of tear.
"I hope so"
"I pray she is in good hands, I told you not to poke in the senators business but you didn't listen" Hajiya said slightly sitting down on the chair.
"Am sorry" was the only thing he said.
Hajiya bara'atu was sitter on the chair for minutes. Suddenly she felt pain in her back and waist.
"Alhaji I think we should go to the hospital" she said trying to get up but she couldn't.
It has been 19 years since she gave birth to her first child, she would have to go through massive pain because she has aged a little and the distance was far.

Hajiya bara'atu gave birth to a bouncing baby boy and named him Hanif.

********
Jabo's POV
"B39, the package got picked by another person" jamilu said.
"How?!" I shouted.
"Sir"
"We are sorry, the rival got the card"
"Spider!" I yelled.
"What is he always on my nerves, this means war!"
"Yes sir, the package got picked at our location"
"Dismiss!!" I ordered waving of my hand as I smoke on my weed.

I wish I had stayed back home or joined the other with car yaya Hamza I may  have been saved or sani would not be dead.

25years ago
"I will buy this type of car!" Sani exclaimed
"How many times are you going to say that" I mumbled because the man who drove us was glaring at us through the mirror.
"Get down" the man thundered making us both to shiver in fear. After a long drive we finally arrived at their destination.
They dragged us both by our collar's, my mom used her long time savings to buy for us.
I jacked myself out of his grip dusting my clothes.
"You attitude won't serve you here, you see these men they would determine whether you live or die".
I held sani's hand and we walked up to the long queue of boys in their under wears with scary looks on their face's.
" Take off your shirts!" He shouted.
"Sani chire Riga" I whispered into sani's ears.
We both took of our shirts and trousers and stood still waiting for our turn. Sani was right in front of me trembling in fear but I couldn't do anything I watched him with lots of thought in my mind.
'Yaya Hamza "
"Where is he?"
"We need him here, come and save us just like you did when the village bullies tried to beat us.
" please "
The loud noise went off making my head to spin round and my ears turn mute. Blood was all over my face and my body, my brother was shot!. My breath was seizing but I had to stay strong.
"Next!" The man shouted
I walked up to him sighting my brothers bloody dead body with a smile on his face.
I wish I had hugged him when we came in here and told him everything would be fine at least he would die knowing I tried.
"Go over there" he said pointing at a door where some men were standing with their guns.
My legs were weak, my mind was blank. Nobody could save us.

******
"I have to bring him down, no matter what!" I thought.
This so called spider has been on my neck for the past few years. He was ahead of me in every task and took most of my client before I could.
I would give him hell before sending him back to hell.

Husaibah POV
I watched every moves of theirs waiting for an opportunity to grab. I searched through the kitchen with my eyes thinking of how I can get into the other room, the room I am restricted to enter. I served food in everybody's plate including the new Guy's.
"Hussy baby, where him food?" Fred asked snapping me out of thoughts.
"Can I take it to him?"
"Please" I pleaded.
"No, you know say oga don restrict that area"
"Please, I just want to meet him"
"Hussy, Am sorry for all the things I have done to you I was just following the policy. Oga self no gree with that policy anymore"
"And this new guy I would be better if you forget about him" he said.
"Please, just once I won't tell anybody"
"I know, but if Oga finds out both of us will be roasted alive" he said laughing.
"It isn't funny, I promise you I won't let anybody see me" I said creasing my eye brows.
"Okay oo, if they see you no call my name oo" he said drawing his ear in sign of warning.
"And it won't stop me from beating the hell out you!" He said laughing out loud.
I looked at him with a blank expression but my body was shaking and my brain went off for a second.
"Ah! No vex I was joking. Even if they pay me to beat you I won't do it" he said with a wink.
I took a deep breath and smiled and he smiled back at me slowly closing the door behind him.

My life here is kind of normal, the daily abuse had stopped but I was missing home. I miss Umma, her laughter, shouting and her soft touch on my cheek when I bring her food. I miss the old me, The Husaibah who would wake up early in the morning and do her chores make sure Umma and Abba is fine and go to school.
School, the exams started three days ago. My life is a mess!.