Chapter Twenty-Eight

At some point in your life, you had always known that you would die. 

Death is, after all, inevitable. It comes, silent like the night, but evident like the sun. With death, comes grief...It's been said that grief is not the sadness you feel after loosing someone, but rather the fear that comes with knowing that, one day, you too will share the same fate as the person you once loved so dearly. 

It seems sad and almost cruel to think so selfishly in a time when you should be feeling sad, but that is only human nature...at some point, one can only accept that their purpose is to die...and without death...life has no meaning. 

It may sound bleak and morbid, but why must that be the case? Why must death be sad and lonely? Should one not celebrate the life of the person passed? Why is crying always expected when the life that person led truly meant something? 

When someone dies--no matter who--as long as one person misses them, their life meant something. 

Although, losing something--losing someone that is special to us...it will always bring us pain. Learning to adjust to life knowing that they won't be there to help you out along the way...That's the hardest part. 

When one dies, it's commonly known that, for the most part, they go to a better place, somewhere without pain...so, humans don't necessarily feel sad that they've moved on...only that their loved one left them behind. 

That's what life really boils down to-- A waiting game. 

Waiting to be with the people you love, while living a life you know that they would be proud of...The best lives are lived when one learns to dance in the rain. 

But, in this moment, the rain that fell around you was not kind...it was cold and cruel--made up of acid so as to destroy everything you had ever loved. 

Jimin stood before you, his blackened eyes dark and composed.

His black hair was combed back neatly and his body was adorned in a black tuxedo, diamond cufflinks sparkling beneath the greenish light that emitted from an unknown location. 

You felt sick. 

Your heart was pounding in your chest, hands shaking as you did a once over of the all-too familiar living room of the other world. 

It stank.  

The smell of rotting flesh was ever prominent. No longer covered up by the sickly sweet aroma you had grown accustomed to. Jimin's "brothers" stood in a straight line beside him, each of them adorned in their own suits. 

Gone were the once joyful faces that they wore around you, now they were dark and sunken in. They didn't look human anymore. Scars and stitches ran down different parts of their bodies, their eyes black and void of any other emotion than pain.

You almost felt sorry for them. 

"Your time is up, dear."

Your eyes snapped up at the sound of Jimin's low voice. 

His eyes were fixated on you, shining as he moved to stand directly in front of the fireplace, his hand outstretching to you. 

You shook your head, chin held high. 

"You cheated." You deadpanned. "You never even let me look. You threw me into those illusions before I even had a chance-"

"I never said I would play fair." He laughed. "Your first mistake was assuming that I would."

You let out a gasp as you were grabbed from behind, two strong hands gripping your upper arms with bruising strength and pulling your towards the monster version of the man you once loved.