Chapter Eighteen

Jungkook cleared his throat nervously as his eyes scanned over the familiar wood of your home's door, his hands shaking as he adjusted the color of his button-up shirt, his grip tightening around the small bouquet of wild flowers he had picked for this occasion.

He swallowed hard, running a hand through his hair.

"Calm down, Jungkook." He scolded. "You've seen her numerous times...this isn't any different."

He raised a hand to ring the doorbell, halting himself just before he could press the button.

He cursed at himself, bringing his hand away from the doorbell as he struggled to collect himself.

"God, why is this so hard?" He sighed, running a hand down his face. "Just push the button, Jungkook...and when she answers, you tell her how beautiful she is...simple."

He glanced down at the hand-picked flowers, biting his lip.

"Simple." He repeated.

Doubt lingered in the back of the red-head's mind. What if you rejected him? What if Hoseok was right and you still loved Jimin? What if Jungkook was about to make a fool out of himself.

He didn't understand this. He had never been nervous with a woman. Not ever...but whenever he flirted with you, or told you a dirty joke, he would find himself blushing-BLUSHING for god's sake!

He groaned in annoyance, rolling his shoulder's back.

"Come on, Jeon." He started. "Don't pussy out."

With swift motions, his hand shot out, pushing down the little button, causing a loud ring to sound throughout the house before him.

Jungkook's stomach dropped at the sound of approaching footsteps, his eyes widening as he quickly checked his reflection in the window beside the door, palms sweating.

He jumped as the door opened, arms straightening as he shoved the flowers in the direction of the door.

"You look beautiful today-"

"Jungkook?"

The red-head nearly screamed as his eyes scanned over the familiar figure before him, mood instantly dropping at the familiar fluffy hair that he had come to despise.

"Jimin." He greeted coldly.

The blond man raised an eyebrow as he took in the boy's snazzy appearance. His hair was neatly combed and styled, his clothes were neatly pressed and wrinkle-free and his hands were full of brightly colored flowers.

Jimin frowned.

"What are you doing?" He asked, a judgmental tone resounding in his voice.

Jungkook cleared his throat, eyes peeking inside the house.

"Where's Y/n?" He avoided the question. "I need to speak with her."

Jimin's brows furrowed at the question, arms crossing over his chest.

"She isn't home at the moment." He gritted out.

Jungkook frowned at the tone of his voice...there was something written on the blond's face that he couldn't make out...some kind of fear that laced his words.

"I didn't see her leave." Jungkook explained. "And her car is still in the driveway."

Jimin cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Taehyung took her to town." He lied. "She should be back soon."

The red-head took a step forward, hand shooting out as Jimin attempted to close the door in his face.