A Different Type of Princess

Start from the beginning

My eyes narrow in bewilderment, and when I glance up at Ezio and Logan, they both shrug, appearing as confused as myself.

Listening to her shaken, broken tears strikes my heart like a knife. Having not known Octavia long, unfortunately the instinct to protect her is strong within me, especially now I'm aware of who she truly is.

I reach over, trying not to startle her as I place my hand on her back. Then, I crouch down so I'm at her level.

"They know!" she cries, into my shoulder, before lifting her head to show me her tear-soaked eyes. "They know what's going on and they won't tell me."

As her eyes meet mine, my own shift awkwardly to the side. Her eyes turn to saucers as she staggers away from me, tripping on her own feet and dropping to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

"You know!" she splutters. "You lied to me! You said you had no idea!"

With a sigh, I stand back to my full height, "When you asked me I didn't," I correct her guiltily.

"What in the hell is going on? I can hear you guys over my headphones!"

I glance over my shoulder to find Akira approaching us. He takes one look at Octavia kneeling in the dirt, and gives me a slow nod in understanding. Octavia notices our exchange, and her expression shifts to one of pure anger. She jumps to her feet in one swift motion.

"I swear to God, Clarke, if you don't tell me who the fuck I am, I'm going to make your life hell," she states threateningly. "I'll run every chance I get, I'll fight you every step of the way. I will go against everything you ask of me!"

I struggle to prevent the small smirk from materialising on my lips.

"Do you seriously think this is funny?" she yells dubiously.

"What I find amusing, Princess," I say chuckling at the irony of the nickname, "Is that you think you have any sort of say in this. You think you can make my life hell? We can do ten times worse. I can have you secured to a bed and fed through a drip for days if you don't comply. Remember, there's four of us and one of you." I conclude motioning to the other guys.

That threat is starkly empty; if I did that the boss would skin me alive. However, Octavia doesn't need to know that snippet of information.

She glances around in each direction, like she had completely forgotten their presence until now. Her frightened eyes find my own again, and although her breathing is still heavy, I sense she's reconsidering her words.

"Right," I begin again. "I'll make you a deal. I will tell you who you are if you stop defying me. You will quit trying to escape from us, and you will do as you're told without complaint. Are we in agreement?"

Octavia nods solemnly.

"OK," I concede, taking a large intake of breath. "Your real name is Octavia Luciano, the one, and only daughter of Scar Luciano. Your father is my boss, and lord to one of the most dangerous gangs in the world. That's us, of course, if you were wondering. He is the one who ordered your kidnapping," I explain, allowing her to take in the information.

Silence passes between us for what feels like an eternity before she decides to speak.

"What? No," she questions in confusion. "You've got the wrong person, then. My father is dead," she finishes coldly.

"You're mom has lied to you for years," Ezio adds, which causes her to swivel back to face him. "She wanted you to think we were dead."

"We?" Octavia repeats.

"Yes," I reply in confirmation. "The idiot, who can't keep his mouth shut over there, is your cousin- by blood."

"No," she says simply. "No. You have the wrong girl."

"I'm afraid not," Logan intercepts. "There is no doubt you are your fathers daughter. Fiery, demanding, and a pain in Clarke's arse, " he says with a snigger.

I throw an annoyed frown his way, and he sends back a grin in response.

"You're basically royalty in this world," Akira affirms.

"If I'm royalty, then I order you to take me home," she growls, her eyes narrowed at me.

Everyone except Octavia releases a chuckle.

"Nice try, but it doesn't work like that," I explain. "Your Father's status is higher than your own. He's the one who's orders we obey."

"But why? What does he want with me?" she wails in frustration.

"You can ask him yourself soon. I'm taking you to meet him, once it's safe enough," I tell her. That will be the next hurdle to overcome.

"I don't want to meet him," she replies stubbornly, crossing her arms over her chest for effect.

I sigh deeply, glancing at the boys one by one in silent communication. "I think that's enough excitement for one day, don't you? Now, I hope you're going to keep your side of the bargain, Princess," I say, beckoning her over to me with my hand.

Much to my utter astonishment, her hands drop to her side and she plods on over. I give her a slight smile before turning and heading back, weaving amongst the trees until we reach the door to the complex. We walk in silence the entire journey back to my room. Octavia obviously has a lot on her mind, and rightly so, having just been told a significant portion of her life has been a lie.

Once inside, Octavia wanders to the couch, plonking her tiny frame down on the cold leather. Carefully, I place myself on the opposite end.

"Do you believe me now?" I enquire keeping my voice steady. "We don't want to hurt you."

Octavia's silence unnerves me a little, so I decide to give her some headspace. Just as I'm about to exit the room, I turn one last time to acknowledge her.

"You can have the bed tonight. You look like you need a good nights sleep."

I'm unsure if I imagine the tiny, watery smile that forms on her lips for a nano second, but I gain satisfaction anyway. Closing the door firmly behind me, I lean my back against the door.

Things are only going to get worse from here.

A/N- So now you guys know who she is! What do you think?

Had you guessed already, or did it surprise you?

Let me know if you enjoyed the reveal chapter, and don't forget to vote if you did =D

This is dedicated to thejdiary  lifeasd  icanbeinterestingtoo I_Dxnt_Even_Knxw  for the feedback and comments. Once again thanks so much for the support <3 Until next time!

Beth xx