Chapter 30 Part 2: Help Them!

All the cats looked at each other and nodded, Limp was looking a bit afraid. I knew why she was, she was still such a young cat, and now everyone was looking up to her... She could be no older than 9 moons if I had to guess...
Briar, he was just looking at me, he knew that I was the leader of all of this. He had faith in me even though he hardly knew me at all... What Limp must be feeling right now, was exactly the same feeling that I was having right now... What if I failed everyone?
Shadow, he did not seem to have a care in the world, he was just licking his fur. I still was not too sure about this cat, he could spell some real trouble in the clans, at least that is what I had come to gather from him so far... I was still not too sure if I wanted to bring him in the clans or not.
Storm, and Piper, they were the only ones that were not looking at me. They were busy picking up their kits, they knew that this was very important. Not only were they getting to keep their kits, but there was also a risk involved for them.
They had never met any of us before, and now... Out of the blue, we came in saying that we were going to save their kits... I knew why they did not just put them in the shelter as well... They had a hope, that would be shattered if they let them into the shelter... They wanted to grow them up, and see them do great things with there lives...
Piper and Storm looked at their last kit, the same kit that I had seen Jayfeather save in my dream... Then they looked back over at the rest of us. They still had a bit of a worried look on their face. Like they still did not believe that they could trust us quite yet... The she cat was the one to step in this time to my surprise.
"Can one of you pick up Sneeze? We need to hurry up, they are only getting more sick..." She said to all of us. I saw that Shadow was stepping forward to help her out. I was going to let him for a few moments, but then I realized that I should not be doing that, especially if I still did not trust him.
I stepped in front of Shadow, I saw a bit of an annoyed look on his face, but he did not say anything about it, he just looked away from me, and stared into nothingness. I looked over at Storm, paying no attention to that cat, I wasn't trying to start trouble already. That would lead into a very had first impression.
"I've got you Storm... I am not the one that knows the cure to save all of your kits, leave that to my friend over there." I said to her. Pointing my head over to Limp... As Limp noticed my looking over to her, she lowered her head down to the ground.
I really hoped that she was not lying about her finding the cure to save all of them. I was still a bit scared, what if she was just lying because she knew that it was an easy way for me to forgive her. What if she only did that because she regretted leaving us in the first place.
She knew where the twoleg place was in the first place, she had been taking us to it all along. She could have been standing on a twolegs entrance to their den, and they might have taken her over to the Shelter. I shivered, I had to at least keep some sort of hope...
"Thank you... Moon, is it? If this does work, I can never thank you enough." She said to me. I looked at her and then nodded, I then thought about looking over to Limp again. But I did not want to put so much pressure on the young cat.
I knew that starclan would not let me down, I knew that they were not lying to me, I had heard the same stories repeated from other cats... It was too much to not believe that all of that had happened, and that I was the one that was destined to save all of the clans...
I saw that all of the cats around me were all looking over at me, even Shadow... They knew that I was the leader. Now I was the one that was starting to get a bit worried, I could understand the look on the face of Limp now, it was not that she was lying about it, she just had so much weight on her shoulders.
"Moon... Your up now, I've taken us this far. Now it is your turn..." I heard the voice of Briar say from behind me. I looked over at him, and I wanted to get annoyed, or mad at him. But I knew that he was right, I was the leader, and I needed to start acting like that was so...
I turned my head to him and then I nodded, I looked around, and then I closed my eyes. All I heard was silence around me, I was not sure if it was because all of the other cats were worried, or if I was in another one of those short little dreams that Starclan tended to like to put me in.
I did not open my eyes this time, I did not want to talk to them right now, they had told me it was my time to learn things on my own, and they were right. It was not their job to lead the clans back, it was my own... I had to do that job, that was what I was born for.
"Moon... Follow the Stars... If you believe in them, than you will not fail..." I heard the voice of Squirrelflight whisper to me in the wind. It was just a brief few moments, I almost wondered if I actually had heard her in the first place, but I knew what she had said, and I nodded to myself.
I then opened my eyes, to see all of the cats staring at me once again, I then nodded to all of them, I could see that most of them were starting to get a bit frustrated with me, since I was taking so long... I could not blame them, I knew that the mates were worried about their kits...
"Lets go... I'll take the lead." I said to all of them. All of them then nodded to me, as I walked up to the front, nearly forgetting to pick up the kit in the first place. I then picked up the young kit and I continued walking looking up at the stars to see what Squirrelflight had meant.
Did she mean I different scenario? There were so many star in the sky, far too many to even count. She could have been more specific... I looked around for quite a few moments, until I spotted one star in particular that stood out for me. I looked at the star for a few moments, and then I nodded.
Then I began taking the first steps, not on the path, because surprisingly from time to time, I could see a large monster fly through, scaring each one of us to death. Even Shadow, I could see was a bit afraid of those, although I knew that he would not admit to it.
I kept on looking up at the large star, that seemed to be spraying into several different directions. That star must be the star of GrayWing, that was the cat that I had met earlier, he was the true founder of the clans... I hoped that I could be a cat like him some day.
I kept on following where the large star was taking us, luckily we were on a straight twoleg path, and not one of those curvey ones that you tended to see in the wild. I made sure that I was not walking right into the path of the monsters at the same time.
Each time one flew by us with a loud noise, each one of us would jump backwards, almost expected it to fly right into us, but luckily they never did. They were dangerous, I knew that was one thing for sure. But they were only dangerous if you went right into its small little path.
I heard one of the cats from behind me yell. It did not sound like a yell of pain, nor a yell of fear, but more like a yell to get my attention. I spun around to see what it was. I saw that Limp was looking at something, but I could not quite tell what it was that she was looking at.
I turned my head to where she was pointing at, and then I squinted my eyes. I still could not see what it was that she was so focused on, all I saw was a small little fence that led to a twoleg place. I looked back at Limp, still a bit confused... Maybe I must be mistaken and maybe there was someone, or something on that fence.
But I saw Limp turn her head back over to me, as she then nodded to me. I looked at her, still quite a bit confused as to what it was that seemed so important about that twoleg nest. She realized that I was not getting the point, as she began talking to me.
"Moon... Starclan has shown me, there is the cure, it is in the garden of that twoleg place." She said to me. I looked at her for a few moments, still not too sure about it, maybe she must be mistaken, there was usually nothing in a twoleg place.
It was also dangerous, that was another thing that I was worried about it. I turned my head over to the fence for a few moments. Then I looked back at her, for a few moments I thought about saying no... Then I felt the kit in front of me begin to move around, and I looked back up to Limp...
"Go ahead, go in... Be safe though Limp." I said to her. She looked at me for a few moments, and then she nodded to me gratefully. She still did not look to sure about it either. As she then looked around at all of the other cats that were with us.
She then nodded to each one of us, I was confused why she was holding this off for so long. Maybe she was afraid that there might be a dog in that yard. I then realized right away as to where we were at... My eyes went into shock, there indeed was a dog in that yard.
"Okay... Shadow, and Briar... Can you come with me? I am going to need as much of that herb as possible." She said to each of them. Briar nodded to her right away, but I could tell that Shadow still was not too sure about it. In fact he looked quite a bit worried at the same time.
He looked back over to me, a bit of a scared look on his face. I knew that he recognized the place, I could tell that he knew there was a dog in the yard. I did not see as to why he might be so worried. It was a small dog, even if it was a mean dog 3 of them could easily take that dog down.
"Moon! There is a dog in that yard, I used to live here, the dog talks to you. I am not joking..." Shadow said to me. I looked at him for a few moments, almost wanting to laugh at what he had said. But I did my best to keep the others calm.
I could start to see that both Briar and Limp had a worried look on their faces. I could also see that Storm and Piper both nodded to him as well... I had forgotten that they had met the dog. I did not know what the interaction with it might have been like.
"Yes! We saw it, it is just a little dog though, but that is still scary that it can talk like a cat." Piper said to me. I looked at them for a few moments, I could tell that Limp was starting to think twice about going in there in the first place.
I had to do something quick, I needed to let them know that they were going to be safe. I coughed to get each cats attention, as they were talking amongst themselves about how scary it was, and all of those other little things. Each cat then turned their head over to me.
"Yes! The dog can talk! I have met her as well... She is friendly, she will not attack you. Her name is Sphynx..." I said to them. They all looked at me as if I was crazy. I could tell that they were not believing a word that I had just said to them. Besides Limp, she looked to have a certain peace of calm.
She hushed all of the other cats, as the were all starting to freak out. Briar I could tell was even worried, and he had not questioned many of my decisions up until this point. Which I could not blame him... He did not know what the dog was like, he probably thought that it was a big, attack dog, just based off of hearing what each person had said.
"All of you calm down! If you do not want to come with me, then so be it, I will go by myself... If this means saving the kits..." She said to all of us. I looked at her for a few moments, surprised that she was finally stepping up for all of us. I then nodded to her happily.
The mates then looked down at their kits, and they nodded to her. I knew that they would let her do it, no matter how scared they were, they knew that their kits were near their end. I could hear each one of them all coughing every once in a while.
"Alright... Briar, Shadow, prove that you are brave now... Go with her, go and save the kits." I said to them. Briar nodded right away. That did not surprise me at all, that was the one that I was not worried about. What did surprise me was the fact that Shadow, took the first steps for the rest of them.
I nodded to them happily, as I watched them walk off, I looked over at the mates, to make sure that they were safe, and that they were okay with all of this. They nodded back to me, and I turned my head as I watched each of them hop on top of the fence, and begin talking to the dog... Although I could not hear a word that they were saying...
I then heard 2 of the kits begin coughing loudly, and I turned my head over to them. I saw a fair amount of blood spit out of their mouths, and I could tell that both Piper and Storm were freaking out. Storm looked over to me...
"Its happening again... Worse than last time... Please! Help them!"