Chapter 47

Bethany:

I stare out the window as I hear Briley approaching my room along with somebody else. They are whispering outside the door.

"Go get her," I hear Briley say just before someone enters my room.

My body does not allow me to move so I just stay frozen in place, until the person puts a hand on my shoulder. The touch forces me to look over my shoulder.

I gasp loudly when I lay my eyes on Logan.

"Hello Beth," he says with a sweet smile.

The last thing I remember is him punching the ground with so much rage in his body, begging Jake to come back. I remember him cursing Fice's name at the hospital as he fell to his knees when Jake's parents came rushing in. I remember his endless tears at the funeral.

My lips part as he sits down next to me. I manage to look him in the eyes and now I can't look away.

"I really missed you," he says and takes me into a hug. Everything about his presence is comforting, like nothing I've ever felt during these few months.

I hug him back tightly and lay my head on his shoulder, pressing my cheek against his neck.

I can't contain the tears that have been sitting behind my eyes, so I let them out. I completely accept his embrace and break down into his arms.

When I take a deep breath, I feel a warm tear falling onto my shoulder.

I instinctively run my fingers through Logan's soft hair and just hold his head, as I realize that he's crying too.

This tugs at my heartstrings.

I want to tell him that everything is going to be okay, but how can I do that when I don't even know if it will be?

I want to tell him that I've missed him too, but it's so hard for me to speak.

I cannot get any words out. I can't even talk to my twin sister.

I lift my head and put both of my hands on his face, just holding him.

He gives me a small smile and I can't help but smile back at him.

I move closer to him to the point where our noses are touching. I want to tell him that I really missed him, more than he could ever know. I want to tell him how I've been wishing to see him.

You know what if I cannot talk, why not just show him?

I slowly move in to kiss him. When my lips touch his, I feel tingling sensations in my body. It feels like the dark world that I'm stuck in, in my head, is slowly filling up with color as he kisses me back gently.

The guitars aren't broken, the sky isn't grey, the earth isn't dead, but best of all, I'm not alone anymore.

He pulls me closer to him and lays his hand softly on my cheek while kissing me passionately, but softly.

Why does this feel like all I've ever wanted? Like all I ever need?

Logan gives me a quick kiss on my lips and pulls away saying, "Beth, are you sure?"

I run both of my hands through his hair as I kiss him again.

He holds me tightly against him as he completely starts dominating the kiss.

My knees feel weak even though we're sitting.

He tucks my hair behind my ear and kisses me in a heartfelt, gentle way. The butterflies in my stomach can't be tamed because of the way he kisses me.