Chapter 46

Briley:

We wear our scars well.

Our innocence was stolen that day Jake was left for the dead.

As soon as we heard the explosion we came back up, in case someone got hurt. We never expected it to tear our hearts out like that.

It's been three months.

Beth has been a complete mute since that day. She hasn't said a word to anyone, not even me.

The Police finally let Mom come home to take care of us after the incident.

She has tried everything to get words out of Beth, but she's too traumatized to speak.

Fice cut the strings she had us tied to since the beginning. Fice has been non-existent ever since the message we all got when Jake was rushed to the hospital.

The text said:

Tight atmosphere...I really lived out my name, first the ice and now fire. First time ever my plan didn't go as planned. I set you up, once again, because of the secret Bethany so loudly blurted out when she was drunk...also my fault. I let you discover my lair, to lead you to the rooftop. I sent Marco to be a decoy, while I was just watching the show until everything got out of hand when Cole was shot. Marco was given instructions not to hurt anyone. I never planned for that to happen. It's cute how you're trying to figure out where Fiona is. No one can find her right? She's safe with me. She, after all, was the mastermind. Fiona will never be seen again. RIP Jake, I never knew that our kiss would be a goodbye kiss in that way. I was just kissing him goodbye from my plan. I was rescuing him, you were the ones who included him. You killed him -🔥❄️

There was a whole search warrant for Fiona. She is just gone. Gone with Fice. We haven't seen her since the rooftop. The police tracked down her phone only to find it crushed in the middle of a road. At least she is alive. Fiona does not deserve any of that. We brought her into this mess. We got her into the friend group, then drowned her under Fice's threats. Fice knows Fiona has done nothing wrong so why would Fice kidnap Fiona and not just save her? Fice probably thought that we would try to get Fiona back and fall into another Fice trap, but we're all burnt out, in another way.

I really hope that she's okay. What could Fice possibly be doing with Fiona for 3 months? Did Fice take her away because she was the one making the plans and discovering Fice's secrets? Fiona is the smartest out of all of us. Fice probably feels threatened by Fiona. I feel deep sorrow for her, kidnapping changes who you are, forever. And I feel helpless not being able to save her.

"Beth, do you want to go for a picnic in Rose's Peak?" I ask Beth as I enter her room. She doesn't even look at me. She just sits on her bed while staring out her window.

"Beth?" I try one last time. Nothing.

"Beth, please, it's been three months now. I need to talk to you. I'm hurting too," I confess.

I was kidnapped by a psychopathic troll, then when I was saved I got threatened by Fice who has this power over us all the time. I was almost shot, but Max saved me that day at the tree. Fice then fought us in our own home, taking us to the dungeon after. I was kidnapped once again. Lily died right after and to me, that was very traumatic because even though Lily was a bitch sometimes, I really had a connection with her at some point. She's a softy who's had her heart broken one too many times and that made her so cold, the Lily everyone came to know. Then this whole rooftop thing. Never seeing Jake again, is heartbreaking and it shatters all faith I had in any positive future for Bethany and myself.

He was so good. He was always so good.

He was like my brother. We used to be very close when Beth didn't even know him that well yet.