Chapter 33

Lily:

My heart is beating abnormally fast. Did I just pull that off?

Do they really believe that I'm dead?

So the plan worked. Working for her is all I've ever wanted. Well, I would love to be the mastermind myself, but she's just something else. She knows every little thing about everyone. She told me what she was planning, how she was planning on having control over them and that's all I cared about. She told me via a blocked number, so I have no idea who she is, but it's better that way.

She's the girl I've always wanted to be. I'm joining her world.

Even though she forced me into her world by threatening to expose my darkest secret, I kind of like being here. Being hidden from the world for once and doing her spy work for her. It feels like I'm living in a movie.

She is completely in control of me now. She faked my death for me so that I have to work for her or else she would expose me and I could go to jail.

"Turn around, now," she says as she enters the room.

"I'm not going to say I'm shocked that you are still mean to me, but I thought we were friends now," I say.

"We'll never be friends because I won't ever be friends with a little attention-seeking slut like you," she spats at me and I turn around.

Did she just call me a slut? I thought this was going to be fun. What will I do if it goes on like this? No one will be looking for me, this time they truly believe that I'm dead. Whatever, I'm just being paranoid.

"Sit on the chair and don't move," she commands. I get on the chair and she ties me up so that I can't even move an inch.

"What do you want from me?" I ask her in fear. She is actually quite terrifying.

"To sit here all day looking at the screen. These are live cameras that I have installed at school and other places. When the day ends and I've done my job, you will tell me anything worthy that happened during the day okay? Fail to do that, and I send out proof of your little scheme four years ago."

"Fine, can I at least have food and water?" I ask, scared that she might starve me to death.

"You'll eat when you have something worthy for me to use."

Before I know it, my hands are shaking with fear.

Why did I ever think working together with a stalker would be a good idea?

"I have business to take care of. Do your job like you did your teacher: dirty and properly," she says and walks out. My mouth hangs open, as I am completely stunned by what she just said. She's badass, I kind of like her.

Since primary school, I've wanted to be as powerful as someone like her. I got bullied, for what feels like forever, about my red hair. That's why I made it my goal to be the main character in everyone's lives. My dad also left my mom and me when I was only two years old. I had to make sure my life turned out perfect.

Look where I am now. I failed once again. I knew this person was dangerous, but I thought that if she accepted me into her world, we would be the perfect destructive duo. 

She's a maniac. She never rests. Something really bad must've happened if she wanted Bethany and Jake to fall to the ground this hard.

I didn't want to hurt Bethany again. I've done it enough times. She already knows where she is on the monarchy in terms of me. So, I was done with her. 

I know I've hurt Jake so many times, it's just that I have tried over and over again to find my worth in guys. I wanted Jake so badly because he was the most talked about at school and I couldn't let him take my place. I had to lure him in and break his heart. Little did I know that I would truly fall in love. 

Maybe it wasn't even love, maybe he's just the genuine guy that everyone says he is. The point is, I do not ever want to hurt him again, but now I have to. Hopefully, he never finds out that it was me behind the stalking.

Three weeks later...

It feels like months since I've been stuck here. She still feeds and cares for me, but she's completely heartless. The amount of mental breakdowns I've had since I've been in here is immaculate.

I should've never agreed to help her.

"Lily, where the hell is Bethany," she says barging into the room.

"She's gone," I say knowing that I just called my own death sentence.

"What do you mean she's gone?" she yells at me while walking up and down the room.

"I...I don't know. One minute she was walking here at school on the monitor and then she never appeared on the screen again, I swear," I say stuttering a bit. Is that what Bethany felt like when she kept stuttering while I was bitching her out?

She hits the wall with her hand and sighs very loudly.

"Don't worry, we'll find her," I say trying to fix our mistake of losing her.

"What are you doing?" I say fearfully as Fice puts a pillowcase over my head and unties me.

"We're leaving," she answers as she pushes me out of the door.

Months later...

"Today is my big day," Fice says and I look at her with admiration as she looks at herself in the mirror.

"You're finally telling your story huh?" I say with a smirk.

"Just shut up before I tell yours to everyone," she spits back.

I can see how nervous she is. I've never seen her whole face, because she always covers it with a mask, but I've learned to understand her body language. I know when she's furious. I know when she's sad. She's never really been happy.

"Today is also the day I finally get rid of you," Fice says and for a moment I am extremely worried.

"You're letting me go right? That's the plan?" I ask seriously.

"Yes. Just stick to the plan and then everything will go smoothly," she answers.

______

My flashback ends and all I can see now is black.

I faintly hear someone say, "She's already lost too much blood, she's not going to make it."

I completely lose every sense I've ever had.