Chapter 32

Fice:

I can't believe I just pulled that off. My heart is surging with adrenaline as my feet struggle to move.

My emotions almost got the best of me.

Telling them my story felt like taking off the mask I have been wearing my whole life. Almost like breathing for the first time. I felt vulnerable. I hate feeling like that. That's when life has endless opportunities to destroy.

I have been running this game for so long, I forgot what it felt like to be controlled by someone else. I could be unmasked at any minute. They are carrying my fate.

My hands are clenched as I walk through the fog. The fear is filling my lungs by the second.

The twins' mother used to be sweet, innocent, and perfect, but I tore her every lie apart and spit it out in all of their faces. I will never call her my mother. I can feel her mourning, her cries in the night sky. She threw me away because Roger wanted a boy who would be strong enough to help him with his plans. Typical.

As I enter my room at the Fairylights Motel, I grab my laptop fiercely. I'm hungry for power and pain. I've walked through the valley of being out of control, powerless, and weak.

The bitch is back, I'm not being petty anymore, I'm not resting. - 🔥❄️

As I send the text to Bethany I look myself in the mirror and think, "What have I become."

I'm not the villain, she is.

I look up towards my planning board above my bed. It's covered in red string and tons of pictures of everyone of importance in Havenhill. I take Jake's photo in my hands and stare for a while.  I tear up the picture and throw it in the trash. I'm done torturing him.

I read my incoming text from Bethany:

This ends now. You're covered in evil and you'll kill anyone who gets in the way of your plan. I'll never be like you, because I don't have Roger's blood running through me. Everyone is looking for you. We will unmask you in a matter of time, dear sister. This ends now.

I've never seen this side of Bethany. Maybe she's just as evil as her mother. 

 Bethany's mother used to be the queen b of the school. Her whole life is one big cliché. She was the most popular girl in school and her boyfriend, Ruthless Roger, was the bad boy, football player, and hottest boy in school. How do I know this? My mother. Do I even call her that? The only reason I would ever call her mom is because she saved me from dying in that dumpster. My mother was bullied by Bethany's mother in high school. So, when my mother went to get a DNA test for me when I was four years old, she saw that I was Hailey's child.

From that moment forward, she despised me. She never cared to tell or ask Hailey why she would just throw her baby in the garbage, she was still, to this day, scared of Queen Hailey. She also just assumed that that was something Hailey would do. The only reason she kept me when she found out was because she finally owned something that was Hailey's. My mother was also in love with Roger (no idea why everyone loves that ugly, evil man so much) so she felt like she had part of him with her. Disgusting.

See, the reason why I'm scared and out of control now that I've told my story is because everything will soon be all over the news. Then it would only be a matter of time before my mother figures everything out and I will be found eventually.

I have to keep this out of the news and I can do that just by being my Fice-old self.

I send another text to Bethany:

So did mommy finally tell you about me? Her little secret? I don't care about your threats little sis. Once my story airs on the news, mommy goes straight to jail. I can't wait. Dreams really do come true - 🔥❄️

I turn my TV on to check the news and it's all about Lily's appearance and that she was never dead but now is...

That's a very hard pill to swallow for her parents and even for me.

I never meant for that to happen to her. I look at the message I sent the Police while everyone was still kidnapped:

THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!! We are all trapped inside of a dungeon and our stalker is holding us hostage. COME NOW. The stalker is wearing an all-blue suit. SAVE US: Bethany, Lily, Jake, Briley, Hailey.

A smile creeps onto my cheeks as I recall the events. I truly am sorry about what happened to Lily. I didn't mean for them to shoot at her or myself. I thought they would try to catch the stalker for questioning, not kill the stalker. Idiotic Police. Some world we live in. The news explains how Lily's parents would be having a private funeral for Lily since there already was a first one.

Bethany replies:

Yes, she told us all about your little lie. I should've known I could never be related to you even in the slightest bit. It was a believable story though, good job wanna-be sis. Check your facts the next time you do a fake reveal, k?