An hour or so had passed and the knocking of the front door rung me back to reality. My palms began to sweat against my sides as I sat on the bed, waiting for my mom to finish adjusting the curls of my new hair. Its black locks falling effortlessly all the way down to my mid back and shoulders.

"Kay!, get the door hunny"

The sounds of my baby sisters feet erupted as she dashed for the door, being careful to ask who it had been, before opening it.

"Ma!, Armani's boyfriends here!"

I flushed, shaking my head at what Kayla had just said. Sebastian was not my boyfriend, but something within my stomach told me otherwise and I despised the feeling. I breathed out as my mother chuckled, doing the finishing touches before guiding me downstairs. I held the end of my dress, exposing my open toed glass heels. I gleamed in admiration at my white toenails and matching manicure.

"You look so gorgeous"

My mother gushed once more, making me smile all the more.

"You ready?"

I nodded, grabbing my purse and ignoring the buzz that emitted from my phone that was all the way inside the sparkly side bag. I assumed it was a message from Kara, telling me that she was already at the dance. Speaking of; since Cole (Kara's crush) hadn't asked her to the dance, her new date was the new girl in her science class; Lee. A cute dread head, that has her all gushy.

I made my way through the halls of my home, walking down the stairs as my heart began to beat out of my chest. My mother following behind me, with her phone recording my movements. The more I walked further down, the more I caught a glimpse of Sebastian. A very...attractive Sebastian, with an impressive black suit on, his silver rings and...

Is that a hair cut?

He looked..good..

I couldn't help the smile from forming on my lips when his eyes met mine. That very moment felt ecstatic, other worldly..

..........

"Armani Wilson, a creative yet beautiful mind"

Sebastian swallowed nervously before facing the class. It was the day of the presentation. Armani stood beside him, with her hands clasped against her chest as she listened.

"A lover of fiction, a writer and critique. Armani is not your typical teenager, but another worldly being. "

........

The memory immediately rushed over me.

It felt like presentation day all over again, where emotions where overwhelming and all I could do was walk down towards him. His eyes gleamed;

"You look....stunning, Mani"

..........

"I learnt a lot from her, through brief observations and curious questions. Though this project has brought us together, I feel like our mindsets have set the lock to a new beginning, a new understanding. Armani Wilson may have thought that we were the reason for project butterfly, but she truly was the metamorphosis to the caterpillar of our growing relationship.