thirty five.

------
S C E N E
35
----
Mr cliché
Makes me kinda..?
___

Armani's thoughts
~•~•~•~

"Three hour drive..and I'm heading
Nowhere.."

Alicia keys, emitted through my Bluetooth speakers as I slipped on the freshly pressed gown that my mother brought for me. I felt like I was close to having a panic attack as nerves quickly struck me.

What if it doesn't fit?!

What if the frontal I got didn't suit me!?

Should I still go?

What if Sebastian doesn't show???

Ahhhhh!

"Knock knock"

My mother cooed, entering my bedroom as I adjusted the dress, too afraid to look at myself in the full length mirror. The dress, like my mother had stated; had belonged to her and she too wore it on the day of her school dance. I sighed out at the feel of the silk fabric against my cocoa skin.

"Ah! Mani you look so beautiful, baby"

This woman is lying to me. She's just being a mother. Still averting my gaze from the mirror, my insecurities rose the closer she walked towards me.

"You sure? I mean, is red even my colour—"

My mom quickly swung my body towards the direction of the mirror by my closet, forcing me to notice the outfit she had gotten me. Her movement's had been too quick for me to look away so I took a glimpse. A gasp left my lips as I admired my body in the mirror, and how the dress complimented me so well.

Not only was the dress a beautiful shiny silk fabric, but it hugged me in all the right places, falling loose by my knees and all the way down to my freshly pedicure feet. Its thin straps gripping lightly against my shoulders, while it held my breasts, stomach and hips. I turn to my side to notice and admire the design from behind, which was left open revealing my shiny back.

"Oh..I look good!"

I breathed out, letting my fingers run all over my body in this thin dress.

My mother chuckled, nodding in approval.

"I know, back when ya' girl still had style"

We both admired the outfit, as I felt my mom gently hold onto my shoulders then peck my nude (I hadn't done my make up quite yet) face.

"Thanks momma"

We stood in front of the full length mirror, lookin at our slight similarities. I took a moment to admire just how beautiful we both were, mainly her. Even in her sweatpants and oversized tee shirt. Her loose coils tickling my neck ever so slightly.

"Of course, my Angel..now come on, let's start with your hair and make up"

My mother spoke up, reminding me of the frontal I had recently got online. I internally hoped that it had looked just as good as it did on the ad. We soon left my bedroom, to go to hers.