twenty one.

____
S C E N E
21
___

Mr cliche's
Opportunity p2
___

Armani's thoughts
~

"Alright guys, please don't forget to do research on Macbeth"

I grabbed my books from off the table, making my way out of my last period. I took to the halls, feeling mentally drained as I watched students scurry out of the school premises. I too wanted to make a run for it but I remembered that I had made a promise to Kara.

To meet her at the school theatre..

Dragging my feet to my locker I tugged at the lock before stuffing my books inside. Too deep in thought; I felt a rush of tingles spiral from my sides to my spine. I jolted at the abrupt feeling, before turning around to come face first with a chuckling Lamar.

He had poked at my sides and too deep in thought, I hadn't heard him sneak up on me from behind. I breathed out, shaking my head at his goofy like behaviour.

"I keep tellin' you not to do allat"

I try my best to sound serious but how can I, when the love of my life and father of my children is right in my face.

"My bad stink, you know I like playin witchu"

I crossed my arms, watching him stand across from me.

"Mhm"

I sassed as he eyed me, exposing his charming grin. The halls began to quickly empty and silence soon swarmed as only a few students were left. Those being; the school committee, detention takers, after class learners, any person doing sports at school and others.

"Mhm, with ya Lil attitude havin' ahh. I came to check on you"

He licked at his lips, pushing his hands in the pockets of his pants. I grinned slightly, looking him in his pretty choc-chip coloured eyes.

"You came to check on me?"

HE CAME TO CHECK ON ME!
we are married, I don't give a damn what anybody says.

"Yeah, you know I gotta check on yo fyne ass or else somebody else gon do it for me"

I smacked my lips, switching my grin to smirk level.

"Whatever..well I'm fine Lamar I'm just a lil tired, but I gotta do sumn real quick"

He neared me slightly, making my stomach flutter almost immediately. I loved this. This feeling I got when I was around him. It was both beautiful and unbearable. Enticing yet demising.

"What's that sumn if I may ask?"

He asked politely;

"I gotta check out the school theatre.. Kara says it's gon be good for me.."

I watched as he smiled ever so slightly:

"I think so too.."

The halls were soon quiet, leaving only me and Lamar to ourselves. We went silent as he looked me in my eyes. I felt nervous so I was first to drop my gaze.

"Don't do dat.."

He said lowly, making me look down at my feet.

"What?"

My voice reciprocating the tone of his. Low yet audible. He chuckled lightly before I felt his fingers grasp at my chin, lifting my face so I could look him in the eyes.