twenty four.

----------
S C E N E
24
--------
Mr cliche's
Unhinged
anger
------

Armani's thoughts
~~

I dusted my graphic tee, stepping out of the car then taking one last look at my mother from the driver's seat.

She smiled softly towards my direction;

"Have a great day at school sweety"

I reciprocated her gesture before grabbing my stuff that shutting the door. Guilt immediately began eating me up. It had been eating me the entirety of last night and this morning.

Why?

Well, after sleeping with my potential highschool sweetheart; I hadn't shared the experience with my first best friend. My day one. My mom.

Usually I'm one to share everything with my mother, but last night when she came into my room to ask if I had been alright after hearing all that commotion outside. I merely shrugged it off and chose not to indulge in the conversation. I felt that perhaps she would've judged me or even yelled at me for letting a guy take away my innocence at such a ripe age.

Especially in highschool? She'd think I'm a nuisance.

I shook my thoughts away, settling on walking in silence then doing my usual earphone and music thing. I yawned slightly as I entered the school grounds. Hiding this big secret isn't the only thing that kept me up at night, I also remembered that I woke up at four in the morning to start writing this script for the school play. I don't know why I chose such a weird time, but I guess my creative juices prompted me to do so because they worked best at the odd hours of the morning.

I yawned again, walking past a few students that littered the exterior of the school. I squinted my eyes at the large banner plastered above the double doors of Manlyn Highschool.

"Manlyn Ball: coming soon!"

I stood for a minute, scanning the bright sign that had consisted of a contour of white and navy blue. After having enough of the bright sign, I felt an odd urge to turn my gaze toward the school parking lot. There; I saw the familiar black Tesla but nobody was there. Nobody being; Sebastian and his goons.

I furrowed my brows till;

"Mani!"

I turned my gaze quickly toward the other parking area on my right; closest to the soccer field. I smiled softly at the sight of the person that had gotten my attention. Lamar. He had just gotten out of his car to quickly signal me over. I abided, going to him. As soon as I got close; he inched further away from his driver's side, standing near his hood. He gently pulled me in for a hug, making me rest my cheek against his chest. His scent greeted me before he did.

"Good morning"

He spoke while pulling me close. I blushed, keeping my arms around his neck and enjoying his embrace. We pulled away from the hug but he still kept his hands rested on my waist.

"Good morning, Lamar"

Suddenly I didn't see the need to feel tough and sassy in his presence. It's like after our moment last night; I felt vulnerable to him. He examined me briefly, keeping the attractive smile on his face.

"How're you feeling today?, Did you manage to get some sleep?, Wass goin on?, Talk to me"

I giggled, shaking my head.