thirty.

S C E N E
..
30
----
Mr cliché
Gets a yes?
...

Armani's thoughts
~~~~

"You said yes?"

Kara asked in shock as we walked the lower halls of Manlyn high. The late afternoon was approaching which meant it would soon be after school. After the whole debacle that occurred earlier, due to the shock and fear of tardiness; me and kara did not really talk about it. Instead she gave me a look and dove past students to go to class. The look being;

We'll talk about this later.

And yes, we most definitely did.

"Look, I'm just as shocked as you alright. I just.. Couldn't say no"

Me and Kara stood by the lockers as she began to rummage through hers. The harsh aged metal rattling as she did so.

"You always say no to Sebastian, why the sudden change of heart"

I rolled my eyes;

"When you say it like that, it makes me seem like an asshole"

Kara huffed before shutting her locker then stuffing her bag with two new books, even though her bag looked thick enough with books that peeped through open zippers.

"You are an asshole- to Sebastian that is"

I sighed out exasperatedly before pressing my back against the neighbouring locker.

"I just - everything was too fast, I mean almost everybody was looking at me. Matter fact he's the asshole, I mean why the hell would he put me on the spot like that? Doesn't he know very well from our past interactions that I don't want anything to do with him?"

Kara glanced over at me, placing her hand on my shoulder gently.

"Mani..I'm afraid to say this because I feel like you're ignorant to the whole idea, but, you can't really get rid of this guy. Its like every time you try and get away, the universe always brings you guys together.. That and the writer of this book who has to somehow manoeuvre a way for y'all to work-"

I furrowed my brows;

"What?"

Kara shook her head dismissively. At her thoughts more than me.

"Nevermind that, the point is..you said yes and there's nothing you can do about it."

I looked at Kara's pool sets through her clean lenses before a small grin appeared on my lips.

"Yeah I can"

Kara furrowed her brows;

"What?"

I followed with a scoff;

"Yes I can. Just like you said, I've said no to him before so I can just go to him privately and tell him no and that I take back what I said!"

I grinned brightly now, nodding approvingly at my own idea.

"I dunno Mani-"