♤14♤ Brothers

Nolan's POV

I stayed at her house for four days before I went home. I wanted to stay longer but my mom called and wanted me home, now. I walked home so slowly I could but I came home after fifty minutes. The door was unlocked and I stepped inside. It was quiet and dark. "Weird." I thought as I walked upstairs. I still couldn't hear anything nor anyone yet. The door to my, and my brothers, room were closed and I heard voices in there. I directly assumed it was Ryan and Patrick. They used to argue a lot and it just irritated me. I opened the door and saw Ryan and Patrick. They looked back at me and Ryan took a deep breath. "Don't tell mom or dad." He told me and I was confused.

"About what?" I asked and he looked at Patrick.

"Nothing. Fuck off." Patrick mumbled and walked out of the room, pushing me out of his way. I rolled my eyes and sat on my bed.

"Why is this family shit?" I mumbled to myself and I felt Ryan sit down beside me.

"I don't know... but-" he said and swallowed "-maybe they'll change one day. I mean, Patrick has changed a little towards me already. In a good way." I huffed and looked at him.

"Yeah, towards you. Not me. He's an fucking ass towards me. I bet he would kill me without hesitation."

"Don't say that."

"It's true and we all know that. I bet mom and da-"

"Shut the fuck up Nol. Fine they are the worst but I like you." Ryan said and I looked at him. I felt like crying but I stopped myself from doing that. I just leaned against him and felt a little bad that I pushed him away like I did with the others, when Ryan was the only one who was kind to me. "I'm sorry for you, okay? I wish you had it better. But we're eighteen in a few months and then you can move out, we all can. And you could always run from home." He said and smiled.

"Yeah..."

"Where were you anyway?" He asked and I pulled away from him.

"Diana. I stayed there for a few days. She makes me forget about this place." I mumbled and I felt Ryan's hand on my back.

"That's good. She seems like a nice girl."

"She is... well... I gotta go." I said and stood up but Ryan took my hand I stopped me from going.

"It's soon dinner and mom would get really mad if you weren't home by then. It's safer to stay." He said and stood up. I sighed and looked down.

"Fine." I said and walked downstairs. I heard a chuckle coming from the livingroom and glanced over to see Patrick sitting with his legs spread over the couch's armrest. He was disgusting. He stared at me and mouthed "Lover boy". I got confused and shrugged but he smirked "You and Diana. I bet she's manlier then you, you little slut. You're so weak you little ass." He said and licked his lips. I sighed and walked into the kitchen. Patrick didn't eve hurt me with his words anymore, just annoyed me.

We ate in complete silence. I looked over at my parents but they didn't notice. They used to hit us whenever we spoke at dinner so we quickly learned that at the dining table, were everyone silent. I hated it and thought about how Diana's family had been. They talked to me a lot and wanted to know about me. But I was snapped out of it as I felt Patrick poke me. My dad had asked me something and I felt the tension in the air.

"Uhm. Excuse me, I didn't listen." I said quietly and I swear dad's eyes could burn two holes in me with how angry he looked.

"And why didn't you listen?" He growled.

"Because I was thinking about something." I said and it got silent again. He didn't ask more and I was relieved.

I sat on my bed, reading Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban, while Ryan slept and Patrick was nowhere to be seen. I was soon done with the book as the door slammed open and I jumped. Ryan quickly woke up and sat up "Huh?" He asked and we both looked at Patrick.

"What the fuck." Ryan muttered and laid back down and tried to fall asleep.

"I'm back bitches!" Patrick said and closed the door. He looked at me and chuckled "Nerd." I just looked down at my book again and kept trying to read but Patrick was so loud when he prepared himself for bed. Soon he was silent and I put my book away and soon fell asleep.