mornings

(y/n's pov)
"y/n...honey, wake uuuuuuup~" my body was being slightly shaken and a gentle voice filled my ears.

"baby, it's time to wake up.." i felt a gentle kiss on my forehead and my eyes fluttered open.

"hmm?" i rubbed my eyes and sat up slowly. my vision was blurry at first but finally adjusted to the lighting, and when it did i saw courtney sitting next to me.

"good morning beautiful." she smiled at me and grabbed my hand. she then lifted my hand up and placed a soft kiss upon it, which made my face turn a deep shade of red.

"morning, what time is it?" i smiled back at her but suddenly yawned and covered my mouth.

"it's about 7:30, we need to be in work for roughly 9 but i thought i'd get you up early since you always want morning cuddles....and take forever to get ready." she giggled.

"and that, my princess," my arms reached around her body and pulled her down to lay beside me, "is exactly what i want right now."

i leaned forwards and gave her a long, passionate kiss before pulling away and snuggling into her side. she quickly complied and wrapped her arms tightly around me, as if trying to pull my body even closer to hers.

after a few minutes of calming silence, i spoke up.

"i love you so much, you know that right?" i mumbled into her neck.

"not as much as i love youuuu!"

"that's not possible."

"yes it is y/n."

"nooooope."

"yeeeeeep."

"noooooooooooooope."

"yeeeeeeeeeeep."

"yeeeeeeeeeeep."

"nooooop- wait, you tricked me! that's not fair!" she pulled away and poured at me like a child. she's so adorable.

"hey, it's not my fault i tricked you, you just fell for it." i teased her and pointed at her nose, which she just replied with folding her arms and turning her head away from me.

"am i getting the silent treatment now? ouch." i placed a hand on my heart and acted hurt. she tried to fight off a laugh and stay completely serious. that was adorable.

"courtneeeeeeeey." no response.

"honeeeeeeey." still no response.

"babyyyyy?" what do you think? no response. she was still pouting and had her arms crossed. she's a good actor.

"fineeee. if i let you win will i get more cuddles?" she nodded and i grinned widely.

"okay, you can win. can i have more cuddles now?" it was my turn to pout this time. she finished her mini-tantrum and smiled at me before pulling me down with her. i put my head in the crook of her neck again and she wrapped her arms around me. we tangled our legs together and stayed as close as we could to each other.

i felt content in her arms and cherished the moment. what could be better than this? morning cuddles with my girlfriend? there's simply nothing better. aside from actually being her girlfriend, of course.

after what only felt like five minutes, i heard courtney's voice once again.

"it's time for you to get up now hun, it's 8:15 and you need to get ready. you take forever."

"awww, but babeeee, i want more cuddlesssss." i frowned at her and gave her puppy eyes, hoping it would win her over. she just kissed me and held my hand.

"i promise that i will give you as many cuddles as you want when we get home from work. but for now, we need to actually get there." i heard her chuckle and the faint movement of the mattress lifting up, meaning she had gotten up. she started to walk out of the room, probably to wait for me to get ready, but before she could get too far away, i yelled out her name just loud enough that she could hear it.

"courtney?"

"yes, y/n?" she turned back around and looked at me curiously.

"i still love you more." i smirked at her before going to the wardrobe to get ready.

the noise of small but quick footsteps started getting closer to the room, and i prepared for my impending doom.

"noooo y/n you promised that i won!-"

(a/n:
yahoo~ (yes that was an oikawa reference, am i ashamed of it? h e l l n o)
oh my gosh hello i'm alive surprisingly
i was really busy and i'm sorry about all of that, i had to unpack everything then stuff happened and it was all v hectic but i'm here again!!
i hope y'all enjoy this chapter and i have another one in the works right now :D
byeee<3
~katie🙃💕)
word count: 783 words.