arguments pt.2

TW: self harm and slight anorexia

(y/n's pov)
"y/n, dude, you have to go back. courtney hasn't been in work for the past few days and we're all really worried about her." olivia said to me. it had been four days since the argument and i had stayed at olivia's house. she thankfully let me stay with her. we were currently sat on her bed, just talking about stuff.

"i know, but what she said-" olivia cut me off.

"look, i know she said some bad shit and it hurt you, but she really didn't mean it, trust me. she only doesn't trust you that much because of...well...because of her last relationship. it really fucked her up and she hasn't been able to trust anyone completely ever since that dick left her, she gets angry really easily too. and then you came into the picture, and you helped her a lot. she was probably starting arguments all the time because she was getting doubts about whether you were cheating on her or not. she more than likely thinks that because you've constantly been at work and not talking to her. i know it's hard but you need to communicate with her more, and she needs to communicate with you more by the sounds of it. you need to lay off the work too, you're stressing yourself out with all of this work, y/n, you need a break. just please believe me when i say that communication is key, it's really helped me and sam anyway. she needs you, y/n." she reassured me. wow, that was...um...helpful.

"oh, um, t-thanks, wow, that really helped. i didn't know you knew a lot about that stuff...haha..." i said, still in slight shock about that massive speech kind of thing.

"hey, it's no problem, now go and get your girl, okay? and message me when you can and tell me how she is, we're all super worried about her." she smiled at me and patted my back a little.

"yeah, i will. thanks liv, i really needed that." i smiled back at her and went downstairs to pick up my things.

after i had picked everything up, i shouted up to olivia that i was leaving and she replied with a 'good luck, i'll see you soon, okay?' which i just said 'yeah' in response and walked out of the house.

after the walk back home

oh my god that was exhausting- i really need to exercise more, damn. oh wait shit, courtney-!

i quickly walked up the driveway and past her car. it seemed like it hadn't been used in a while...hm, strange. i checked my bag for my spare key and opened the door. i was expecting to see courtney sitting on the couch, watching tv like she normally does. instead i was greeted with a dark room. that was...also strange. it was so silent, was she asleep? or maybe she was out on a walk? she never goes on a walk alone though...

i turned on the light and i saw that the living room was a wreck. there were cushions all over the floor, the picture frames were all smashed and there were many empty glasses on the table. was she robbed? oh my god, is she okay? i walked into kitchen to find it exactly as it was before, nothing had moved. why was the living room a mess but this...wasn't? i shook it off and walked upstairs, all of the lights were still off so far. i made sure i was quiet just incase if she was asleep or someone else was here. as i got to the top of the stairs, our bedroom light was on and i heard a quiet cry. why would...what was...nevermind. i slowly walked to the door and opened it carefully, determined to not make a noise. at first, i couldn't see anyone in there, but the sobs were louder. then, i looked in the content of the room and saw courtney cooped up behind a pillow, sobbing into it.

i threw my bag on the floor and made my way over to her. the sudden action got her attention and made her quickly look up. she immediately cried harder when she saw me and hid her face in the pillow again. i got to her and knelt down to her level.