sing me to sleep

(y/n's pov)
i looked over at the clock which read 2:46am. i couldn't get to sleep at all, and i don't know why. out of the corner of my eye, i saw courtney asleep next to me, looking so peaceful. she's so beautiful, wow...i love her.

i turned my head and just watched her for a bit with heart eyes and a goofy smile. after a while of staring, she started to move around, and eventually her eyes slowly opened. she yawned and sat up, leaning on her elbow.

"hey baby, why aren't you sleep?" she asked me with a raspy voice as she rubbed her eyes.

"shit, i'm sorry, i didn't mean to wake you up, i just can't sleep. you can go back to sleep though court, i'll be fine." i said in a reassuring voice and put my arm on her shoulder while smiling at her.

"no, sweetheart, what's wrong? why can't you sleep?" she asked in a worried tone and furrowed her eyebrows together. she's so caring, i really don't deserve her.

"i don't really know, i guess i just can't? like i've tried multiple times, but every single time i haven't been able to get to sleep." i looked down at my hands and played with them a little while biting the edge of my lip.

"is there anything i can do to help y/n?" she asked, still in a worried tone. i lifted my head up and looked into her eyes. well, i heard her singing to herself a few days ago and her voice sounded so beautiful and it was really calming, so maybe that would help me get to sleep?

"well...uhm...c-can you sing to me...?" i asked in a hushed tone and looked away, embarrassed. i sounded like such a baby asking for that like oh my god i sounded so stu-

"of course angel, anything to help. why don't you cuddle up to me and i'll sing to you then, hm?" she said in a warm voice. i immediately smiled and moved over to her. i wrapped my arms around her waist, put my head in the crook of her neck and tangled my legs with hers. i took in her scent and she smelt like a mix of lavender and vanilla, my favourite scent. she started playing with my hair with one hand and rested the other on my waist.

"what song do you want me to sing to you? i really don't mind what it is, as long as you're okay with it." she asked.

"uhm...can you sing 'a thousand years'? i don't know if you know it but you'd sound really good singing it, i mean you do have a beautiful voice..." i trailed off towards the end and went red. (you can change the song if you want to, you'd just need to change the lyrics too :))

"yeah, i know that one. now why don't you relax and try to go to sleep? i've got you baby." i nodded into her neck and started to relax. she quietly cleared her throat and gave me a kiss on my forehead before starting to sing softly.

"heart beats fast, colours and promises,"

i got butterflies as soon as she started to sing. her voice is so beautiful. i smiled into her neck which i'm sure she felt as i could tell she was smiling when she sang the next part.

"how to be brave, how can i love when i'm afraid to fall? but watching you stand alone, all of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow"

i held her closer to me and i could feel my body slowly getting heavier which is a sign i was gradually falling asleep.

"one step closer,"

my breathing started to even out and get softer.

"i have died everyday, waiting for you. darling don't be afraid, i have loved you for a thousand years, i'll love you for a thousand more."

i started to get that weird feeling you get when you're madly in love with someone. it's like butterflies, but also not butterflies at the same time. like, i felt all mushy and...soft inside. i wanted to tell her that i loved her too, but my head was so heavy that i couldn't move anything.

"time stands still, beauty in all she is, i will be brave, i will not let anything take away..."

finally, i felt really sleepy and i could feel my eyes becoming heavy and my breathing completely evened out. i could feel myself slipping away to dreamland.

(courtney's pov)

"...a thousand years, i'll love you for a thousand more."

i looked down at her as best as i could and smiled, she was finally asleep. her quiet snores were the cutest. i could feel myself getting tired again so i decided to try and go back to sleep myself.

i gave her a kiss on the forehead and played with her (y/h/c) hair for a couple more minutes until i drifted off to sleep, not before saying something to a now sleeping y/n.

"i love you so, so much my princess, and please never forget that."

(a/n: *causally wishes i was y/n*
anyway hii😂 i thought this was a cute concept so i thought i'd write something about it, and it turned out lowkey really adorable🥰😂
as always, if any of you have any requests or ideas i'd be happy to do them :)
-katie💕🙃)
word count: 925 words.

courtney miller imagines (gxg)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara