cinderella

okay so first of all, the content in here is obviously owned by disney and i don't own any of the content, context or wording (i don't know how to word this-), all i have done is changed cinderella to y/n and the prince (also known as mr. kit) to courtney.
enjoy!! :]

y/n's pov

i was travelling to the ball. the ball i'm not supposed to be at, of course, but my fairy godmother insisted i shall go, so here i am. whilst i was in my own little world, i felt the carriage come to a stop. i lifted my had up to see the palace. it certainly lived up to it's expectations. my, i had never seen anything like it. it was...majestical.

the carriage doors began to open, and suddenly it hit me. i was actually here, at the ball, about to see miss court. i carefully stepped out of the golden carriage, taking mr. lizard's hand.

"i'm frightened, mr. lizard." my voice trembled.

he looked at me with sympathy, and muttered a small 'oh'.

"i'm only a girl, not a princess." and that was correct. am i even ready for this? before i could think any longer, mr. lizard spoke up.

"and i'm only a lizard, not a footman. enjoy it while it lasts." he smiled at me, and i smiled back.

i took a sharp and deep breath before entering the palace.

nobody's pov

"your majesty, your royal highness, my lords, ladies and gentlemen, distinguished visitors and people of our land: the princess shall now choose her partner for the first dance. let our ball commence!" the royal crier announced in a loud and booming voice. everybody was about to cheer, until the door to the ballroom balcony opened and revealed a gorgeous but unknown princess. of course, she goes by the name of y/n, but the people do not know that. they see her as a mysterious princess who came in unannounced. she took a deep breath again, with a bright smile on her face and slowly started to make her way down the stairs.

the royal princess, who goes by the name of courtney, turned to princess olivia (who she was originally going to have her first dance with) and nodded, stating a quick apology before rushing down to meet y/n on the ballroom floor.

"a thousand apologies, your royal highness, i don't know what happened..." the grand duke apologised to princess olivia. she nodded reluctantly, but kept her composure.

meanwhile, y/n was halfway down the stairs. at this point, everyone's eyes were on her. she was in the spotlight. her beauty blew everyone away, they couldn't believe it. there was complete silence, all you could hear was the small taps of her glass slippers against the marble stairs. her blue dress fit her perfectly, making her stand out but also fit in.    

y/n and courtney met each other at the bottom of the grand stairs. they smiled and looked into each other's eyes, the small amount of silence saying everything.

y/n's pov

"miss court." i said, in a quiet and gentle voice.

"it's you...isn't it?" she asked, bewildered that i had shown up. my smile grew even brighter.

"just so."

we both shared a small giggle before miss court spoke up again.

"your highness, if i may...that is, it would give me the greatest pleasure, if you would do me the honour, of letting me lead you through this. the first..." she hesitated, staring into my eyes that were staring back at her, full of love.

"dance?"

"yes, dance." she escaped her little trance and giggled once again, "that's it."

i nodded at her, and gave her a reassuring smile. she seemed to regain her confidence and placed her right hand on my waist and pulled me closer. i gasped slightly at the sudden movement but soon relaxed into her touch. music began to fill my ears as miss court and i started to dance. we swayed around in circles, but never took our eyes off of each other. she is intoxicating. i eventually took my eyes for a split second to look at the crowd that had formed around us, and saw that they were all looking at her.

"they're all looking at you..." i told her quietly, still dancing with her. i was slightly overwhelmed at the amount of eyes that were looking at her in awe.

"believe me, they're looking at you." she said, still looking into my eyes.

we carried on dancing, letting our bodies move with the music and each other. we danced like a true couple in love would. i placed the palm of my hand on her soft cheek and let it linger there for a second, before removing it and moving in circles once again. she then pulled me close, extending my right hand out and putting her right hand on my waist once again, while my left hand held onto her shoulder. my breath got caught in my throat at how close we now were. i simply tried to shake it off and keep calm. soon enough, i relaxed into her arms again and effortlessly moved around the ballroom floor.

i giggled at this position, the happiness flowing through my veins. we then separated, whilst dancing, my right hand still holding her left hand. my baby blue dress was now flowing through the air, making the scene even more magical.

out of the corner of my eye, i saw the princess who miss court was with earlier. she seemed to be speaking with the grand duke. i could hear their conversation, but not clearly.

"who is she?" the princess asked, now smiling at our dance.

"i have no idea." the grand duke replied, looking confused.

i focused back on miss court and our dance. we moved further out into the crowd, who simply moved backwards to make more space for us and were careful not to disturb us. the circles we made got bigger and bigger. we eventually returned to the middle of the ballroom floor, and she twirled me around. the more circles we made, the more my dress flew elegantly through the air.

she placed both of her hands on my waist and lifted me into the air. i felt like a true princess. she brought me back down, and we were as close as ever. one step closer and we could have kissed. i got entirely lost in her beautiful eyes. we twirled around a little more, then she dipped me down, holding me tightly so i wouldn't fall.

as my body came back up, i realised the dance had come to an end. i grabbed the sides of my dress, and bowed down to her to show my appreciation. she held her hand against her chest, to also show appreciation. the crowd erupted into cheers and smiles. i stood back up, and she removed her hand from her chest. i smiled brightly at her.

"thank you, miss court."

~~~~~~

ayyyyy it's finally finished-
i've been obsessed with this movie for ages and thought this scene was really magical and romantic, and i wanted to write about it! also, miss court is the equivalent to mr kit so that's why y/n calls her that instead of her full name.
i'll link the videos to this scene below so you can watch it to get the full experience.
they both go one after another (with a couple of words missing) so yeah
there's also a good one on youtube, just search up 'cinderella ball scene' and the one called 'cinderella 2015 royal ball scene' is the one i used for reference.
ty for reading!
-katie :]
word count: 1297 words.