chapter fourteen

Darius POV

We have been at the hospital for a few days and all Avery did was sleep or look at me and make me cuddle with her.

She wouldn't eat so I have to persuade her by eating with her.

She also wouldn't smile at all, I try to blow raspberries on her stomach but she would only push my head away.

I try to make her smile in any way besides blowing raspberries but nothing works.

Today, we should be leaving the hospital. So I am packing her clothes that I brought her to the hospital to take back home.

I moved to go out of the room to go sign the discharge papers but was stopped by whimpering coming from Avery.

I turned around quickly to see tears running down her face as she looked at my leaving form.

I ran to her and picked her up from the hospital bed. I patted her back to try and make her calm down.

She held my shirt tightly and started crying quietly in my neck as she thought that I was leaving her.

"Baby, don't worry. I am not leaving you ever again. It's okay, my baby girl." I reassured her, trying to make her feel at ease and protected.

I called the nurse to check Avery one last time as we are leaving and I want to make sure that she is Okay.

When the nurse came, Avery wouldn't let go of me.

And we are back to step one!

She started letting the nurses and the doctors near her and wouldn't cry as much, now we are back to step one were she wouldn't let them near her.

"Ave, I promise she won't hurt you, she would just check on you like last time." I tried to persuade her sitting on the hospital bed with her on my lap.

She just whimpered and I felt her shake her head and also felt her tears soak my T-shirt.

"Did she hurt you last time when she was checking you?" I asked her trying to make her remember how gentle the nurse was.

I felt her pause and then shake her head lightly.

"And she won't hurt you, today. Just like last time. Can you let her check you baby?" I asked her quietly.

After a few moments, she finally lets the nurse check her while she was on my lap.

°°°°°

I carried Avery as she slept peacefully in my arms as I walked through the door of our home.

I was finally home with my little girl.

She was finally home.

I was finally able to see her in front of me.

I was finally going to be able to take care of her.

I am not letting her out my sight ever again.

I entered my room and tucked Avery in my bed as I had already put her in her pj's when we were leaving the hospital.

I took a shower as quick as possible and returned to bed and cuddled Avery before sleeping.

°°°°

I woke up to the sound of crying and tugging on my shirt.

I opened my eyes to see Avery's face red and her eyes puffy and red from crying.

I sat up quickly and took Avery in my arms and rested my back on the headboard of the bed and started to rock her.

"What's wrong, baby? What happened?" I asked her, my voice husky and hoarse from the lack of use.

"I a-am s-scar-scared d-daddy." She said but I barely understood her as she was crying and hiccupping, "a-and my h-hand i-is hurting."

"Baby, don't be scared everything is fine, nothing will happen to you, I promise." I promised her, as I got the cream to put it on her hand for the burn.

I want to know how she got that burn, but I know if I asked her she would break down harder so I stopped my self.

I put the cream on her hand and started to rub softly when she whimpered from the pain.

"Baby? Do you wanna know a surprise?" I asked her smiling a little, she just kept looking at me and her brows furrowed a bit, so I told her anyways.

"Leonard adopted Amelia." I told her expecting her to at least smile but she only rested her head on my chest sniffling.

I sighed and hugged her tighter not knowing how I could get her to smile.

I hope she would return to her cheerful self once again.

I just want the time to come when she would tell me let's play hide and seek or go to the park.

I just miss my Avery.

I miss my little girl.

°°°°°

I woke up at 9:22 AM. I looked at Avery to see her still sleeping.

I don't know what to do to make her smile again.

I want to see her smile.

I got up and rested her head on the pillow carefully and looked at her face again to make sure she was still asleep, she needs it.

I entered the bathroom and did my business and then washed my face and brushed my teeth.

When I got out of the bathroom, Avery was starting to stir.

I went over to her and started to rub her back.

She opened her eyes slowly and then so me sitting on the bed so she scooted closer to me and held onto my leg.

"Good morning, Ave."

She just sat up a little and raised her arms so I could pick her up.

She doesn't talk a lot, lately.

She only talk when it's necessary, like yesterday.

I changed her quickly and carried her to the kitchen, as soon as she saw Mrs. Josephine, she started to cry and clung to me.

She kept crying as Mrs. Josephine looked at Avery with pity in her eyes.

I don't know but I have been having this feeling in my chest, I don't know why I think Mrs. Josephine has to do with Avery's kidnapping.

I shooed Mrs. Josephine as I rocked Avery.

"Baby, don't cry, she isn't here anymore, I promise. Look." She looked around slowly still crying.

She then just nodded and put her head on my shoulder still sniffling.

~~~~~~

Hope you liked this chapter.

If you did, don't forget to vote and comment.