Revenge

Darren's P.o.v.

           A sudden scream pierces  through the previously serene pack house. The loud eruption echoes through the halls, only getting worse along with the ache in my chest. I gasp in pain, doubling over and claw at my back, just wanting the stinging pain to stop.

I'm instantly I'm up on my feet and running towards Jess, once I realize that since the pain is not stemming from me, it must be my mate.

Where is she," I bellow, frantically combing through the interior.  Jess nervously stares at me, well aware of the extent males act possessively over their mates, especially alpha males.

"I don't know, alpha. I thought she was in the living room," she answers timidly.

I should have never let her out of my sight. However, I doubt she'd have appreciated me breathing down her neck all the time. She'd probably punch me. But I'd take her punch over the ache in my chest I'm feeling now any day.

      Without another word to Jess I'm out the door, following the instinctual pull. As soon as I tumble over the porch railing, I shift effortlessly and land with my black paws thudding onto the ground.

      I sail through the trees, following the scent that was currently bringing me closer and closer to my mate.

       I can't help but wonder what made her scream like that, or the pain radiating through my body.

      But I smelt it before I saw it; my beautiful mate's blood. The thick deep red substance stained the grass and dirt all around the little stream. She's hurt. And she's missing. I'll kill who ever did this to her.

      Anger, sadness, despair, and the resounding need to find my mate all built up inside my chest, rendering me unable to stand on four paws. I unintentionally slip down into a crouch and hang my head, only to rise and let out a terrifying, earth shaking howl. I shall not stay and wallow in self pity when my mate is missing and hurt.

      Standing up with the intent of revenge upon whoever did this, I sniffed out three other male werewolf scents around my mate's. Rouges.

     Growling, I begin my journey an follow the trail with one thing in mind: finding my mate.

       I will find her, and nothing can stop me. I'm coming.

      =====================

   I've tracked the group all the way through the forest, and finally onto the concrete road, they must have had a car waiting. Only a faint lingering scent of my mate remains.

   I feel slightly comforted with my pack's best fighters behind me, having called them realizing I might need back up when I find her. So that's what I'll do, I'll find her.

    I swiftly start east, where the scent is strongest, along with my warriors behind me.