One of a Kind

"Oh," the beta breathed, his mouth hanging open. I look around to see all the other 'warriors' doing the same, well, except the one still on the ground. But seriously? I hate these kind of reactions, I would rather have the opportunity to be judged by my IQ. That is, of course, if I can ever finish high school.

"So can I leave now?" I ask, annoyed. Finally snapping his mouth closed, the beta shakes his head and says,"The alpha must meet with all the trespassing werewolves to decide their fate."

I pretend to think for a moment before suggesting,"I have an idea, you could let me go." "I have an idea; no", he swiftly replies.

"I hate you."

"I don't care. Now let's go," the beta grabs my arm in a vice grip and pulls me further into the woods, not even flinching as I stumble over my own feet.

After a small amount of time consisting of protests and complaints, he finally let's go and growls,"Shift."

But I can't, if they find out I'm a golden werewolf who knows what would happen. Whether they knew beforehand about the legends of someone like me existing or not, a good reaction was far from guaranteed.  "I'd rather walk," I lie.

He growls, so I growl back causing the other werewolves to stare at me in disbelief, causing me to growl at them too. Serves them right.

The beta pinches the bridge of his nose and shuts his eyes for a moment before huffing in annoyance. However, upon realizing I wasn't going to comply, he just lets out an aggravated snarl and starts to drag me along again. This time rougher than before.

After walking for a while longer, we eventually arrived at the gates of a huge mansion, which I'd be correct in assuming the pack house.

Knowing I'll be seeing other werewolves makes me incredibly nervous, which results in me putting my hood back on. I see the beta look over at me in an unspoken question, but never the less doesn't comment. Good thing too, I'm starting to get really annoyed for being forced to come here and it would make it even more difficult to resist ripping his throat out. I am not made to follow orders, and I haven't done so in a very long time.

As soon as we enter through the grand double doors, all eyes are on us. After being seriously tempted to tell them all where they can shove their pointed stares, I decide to do what I do best and ignore them as once again I'm forced to follow the beta into the unknown.

Every now and then when I do bother to pay attention, I hear a few repeated words float from mouth to conversation. The most popular being, "rouge," "dangerous," and, "alpha." Most cast weary glances in my direction, but oh well, I didn't want to be here as much as they wanted me here.

When we finally stop outside a large wooden door, an indescribable scent hits me harder than anything before. And that's saying a lot. It's basically a mixture of all my favorite, comforting smells put together. It was so alluring, overwhelming, and so safe that I just wanted to curl into a a ball and cry.
Before I had the chance to fully recover again, the beta knocks on the door that must surely lead to the source of the intoxicating scent. "Come in," I hear an enticing male voice allow. And so, after a shove of not-so-friendly encouragement, I do.