So much to say so little time

Jasmine's pov.

The waste of space I used to call a father turns his attention back to Darren and says, "Are you aware your pack is one of the largest in America?" When Darren nods he continues,"A pack that large can give someone a huge amount of power, so alot people are willing to kill for your position as alpha. But the easiest way to kill you would be to make you lose the will to live. And the best way to make a wolf do that would be to kill their mate, do you not agree?" Darren snarls at the same time I do as both of us resize what he's suggesting. I honestly should have known this was coming, and yet I'm still shocked. I guess its because I just thought it was a possibility, I didn't know it would become reality.

He wants to kill me. Which means I'll die, never wake up, never see the sun shine again, never finish high school, never have kids, and never finish living. I'm only seventeen for gods sake!! And to die by the hands of my dad, the killer of my mother and brother is an definite ironic yet terrible fate. But he won't stop there, oh no, he'll kill Darren just like he's killed everyone I've ever grown close to. It'll be my fault, I got him into this damn mess and I might not be able to get him out. So I won't get the chance to right it unless I fight back. The only thing keeping me from doing so is that I'm kind of chained up at the moment. Ya, that feeling of hopelessness I'm feeling right now is one of the worst feelings I've ever felt in my entire existence, and I hate it. Fuck my life.

_____________________________

Darren's pov.

Seeing as Jasmine suddenly stops functioning, her dad takes this as an opportunity to make the situation worse by opening his big mouth again to address me,"Since your mate happens to be my daughter it worked out perfectly. She ran away from me, and that's absolutely unacceptable. Nothing that is mine can be allowed to disobey me and get away with it." Suddenly Jasmine growls and asks,"Is that why you killed mom and Sam?" Sam must have been her little brother. "I killed them because they were becoming a problem in need of fixing," her dad answers with no sign of remorse or regret. Heartless bastard.

Jasmine clenches her jaw then shrieks and yells,"How dare you call them a problem?! Your the real problem that someone needs to 'take care of', and when they do I hope its excruciatingly painful." Her dad laughs mockingly and replies,"I don't know if mine will be, but I know for a fact your's will." Finally getting the chance to speak in the silence that follows I warn,"Touch her and I will find a way to kill you, even if it means coming back in ghost form to haunt your ass."

Jasmine's dad cackles like an old lady and says to me,"You got spunk kid, you could have made a great right hand man. Such a shame I'm going to kill you as soon as I'm done with your pathetic mate. It's really nothing personal, just business." I reach out trying to swipe him but the chains hold me back, resulting the rattling to mix into the sound of my pissed snarls. How dare he threaten MY mate?! He smirks knowing I can't reach him, which just makes my blood boil more. Oh how I just want to wipe that stupid smirk off his stupid face.

Growling I pull on the chains again as he turns towards Jasmine only to feel them start to slip out. Tugging again to make sure, I see the bolts of the chain clipped to my right hand and left foot start to pull from the wall. Oh hell ya!! Now I just have to wait for the right time to attack. I'm determined to atleast getting Jasmine out of this hell hole even if its the last thing I do.

************************

The door of the room swings open, revealing the fact that it really needs to be oiled as the deafening creak echo's around us.That bloody hurt, especially with my advanced hearing. Stupid door.

Jasmine's father stepped through the doorway with a bone chilling smile on his face. He needs to brush better if he's going to go around smiling like that, I wonder if he's ever heard of toothpaste?

"Its time," he says in an voice devoid of any emotion. "For what?" Jasmine asks, taking the words straight from my mouth.

"Your death." Taking this as my opportunity to strike, I roar and pull on the chains as hard as I can, causing them to fly from the wall. But as soon as I go to pull out the other two, something flies through the air and sticks into my neck. Bloody hell, that hurts! Feeling suddenly woozy, I pull out the offending dart only to start to see double of everything. "You shouldn't have done that," I hear Jasmine's father mutter. Ya well I shouldn't have done a face plant on the floor either. Guess I'm just full of surprises.

Closing my eyes, I allow myself one last thought before drifting off into the oblivion: Jasmine's going to die, and there's nothing I can do about it. Apparently the word luck just isn't in my vocabulary today.