Exits

I've been narrowly avoiding the werewolves all day, which ended up being far less than I originally thought, and only got close enough to actually come in contact with three. The rest I sensed beforehand and was able to run in the opposite direction before they were in sight.

With a tired sigh, I push the heavy books into my locker and head to my last class of the day. I'm just so disappointed, it doesn't seem like I'll ever be able to get proper high school education. Every single time I settle in somewhere, my past always manages to catch up with me. At least this is my senior year.

      I walk inside the maths classroom, and slip into the first empty seat I see, all while subtly crossing my fingers in hope the teacher won't make me introduce myself. Lucky, he just gives me a small nod of acknowledgement and continues teaching.

After thirty minutes of vigorous note taking, at least making the attempt to learn something before I leave, I feel a sudden tap on my shoulder. At first I ignore it, but then they do it again, this time much harder.

       Hoping for the best, I take a deep breath and pull my hood more over my face before turning around. Behind me, I couldn't help but notice, was a really cute brown haired boy. His scowl kinda ruined anything he had going for him though. Well, that and his distinctive scent of wolf.

          "Yes?" I mutter, wanting to just get the conversation over with. "Who are you and why the hell are you here?" The boy hisses, completely ignoring common courtesy. Well someone forgot to drink their happy juice with breakfast this morning. I decide that playing dumb can't hurt, so I do so with the hope he'll leave me alone,"What do you mean? I'm here to get a good education so I can go somewhere in life, same as you."

         I can't help but watch with building amusement as his eyes flash with annoyance. "I meant why are you in our territory? You're not welcome here."  Well he's just a nice bundle of joy isn't he?

"Look, I wasn't aware of the territory here, but I assure you that I'll make my self scarce as soon as school lets out," I reply in a hushed whisper.

The boy stares at me for a second. When I don't say anything more, he laughs, "We're not just going to let you go."  I decide to ignore the comment and turn back around with growing unease. What if they capture me before I get the chance to run?

He doesn't bother me again, most likely mind linking with other pack members about my presence here. The class passes slowly, and I can't get my mind to focus on math anymore. Instead, all that runs through my head are visuals of the exit routes I noticed while touring the school. Honestly, my best bet is the front doors. The others are on opposite sides of the school, where I haven't been outside before. And I can't risk becoming disoriented.

Leaving the notebook and textbook on the desk, I dart from the classroom as soon as the dismissal bell stars to ring. Dodging humans and werewolves alike, I bolt out the school doors to freedom.