The end of the line

no one's pov.

The grey clouds put the finishing touch to the dreary day. Everyone stood in silence, no words could express the dreadful feeling of loosing the would be alpha female. Even though some had never met her, all came to show the respect they knew she had deserved. Some weren't even in the pack.

The alpha entered the clearing, and all sat in sync. None doubted he would never be the same, yet all hoped he would recover soon. After all, he had made a promise.

After everyone gave a few kind words to the newly added grave, they left the heartbroken alpha to his goodbyes. They could only imagine the pain of loosing your mate. After all, your mate is a huge part of you.

Once they all had left and the alpha stood with the promise to visit soon, the alpha started to head home only to stop when seeing a flash of gold. Turning towards the shadow of the tree, he spots a pair of violet eyes. Moving as if in a trance, he quickly makes his way over there only to be greeted by nothing but a small gust of wind and a single golden rose.

*******************

I want to thank everyone for their support throughout this short story. And I really am sorry if you didn't like the way the story turned out, but I'm happy with it. Anyway, I will be writing other stories with happier endings, so ya :) Bye for now.