Staying

Having been here for a full week and still not being allowed to wander without a bodyguard, I'm fed up.

I smile sickly sweet at the beta as I meet his eyes, but I know my eyes reveal the absolute loathing I feel for him. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have such a hard time doing the right thing; to leave and not put this pack in danger. He gives me a smirk then turns back to the t.v. Good to know the television is more interesting than me.

         Maybe I should learn his name so I don't have to just call him 'beta'. Ninja style, I tip toe over to him and lean down to his ear. I smirk knowing he hasn't noticed yet and yell,"Hi," right into his ear. Unable to control my laughter as he jumps 5 feet in the air, I double over and clutch at my stomach as the laughter rocks through my body. After a while I stand up and wipe unshed tear's from my eyes to meet his unwavering glare. "What," he asks, still harshly glaring at me.

     I smirk and say,"I never did catch your name."

He just sighs and says, "Its Josh."

I grin and reply,"Well Josh, its not-so-nice to meet you."

Josh just rolls his eyes and looks back at the t.v. Fine, I guess I've annoyed him enough today... but tommorow is another day.  I walk out of the living room already planning out what I could do to annoy the hell out of him next time. Poor Josh, he just became a victim of my annoy-until-they-blow-their-top-off game.

        Coming across the door leading outside, I peek around the corner to make sure Josh is still occupied before deciding to take a little walk.

I smile a bit as the fresh air relieves all my worries for a second. After standing and marveling at the beauty of the nature, I start my little jaunt into the forest.

      After wandering around for a while, I come across a bubbling stream. I can't help but watch fascinated as the clear water sweeps across the river bed and as the fish weave in and out of every crevice. I can't take my eyes away from the scales of the fish as they start to glisten in the sunlight shining down through the water.

          Slowly, as I begin I manage to pull myself from the trance I had put myself in and was just about to head back, when a sickeningly familiar voice cuts through the serene day, "Found you." 

       Then I resize where I've heard it before. Oh god, I'm nauseous. Pushing down the urge to bolt or puke, or both, I cautiously turn away from the stream to see the face that has haunted my dreams for the past couple years. 

       I shiver as one word flashes through my mind, naming who the dreaded voice belongs to. The monster.

My father.

__________________________________________

*****************************

    Ohhh, cliffhanger. Sorry this chapter was short, but I'll write more later :)

            Anyway, I hope everybody is enjoying the story so far, and feel free to comment and vote ;)

       Sees y'alls later,

  The author of this book

    p.s.    Does anyone think I should write one in Darren's pov?

__________________________________________

*****************************