CH. 7

Four figures sitting at the desk inside of a worn-out hut. Three people wearing rags for villagers and a mysterious female cloaked with a luxurious dark robe wearing a mask.

"We greatly thank you for saving Mavric Village, Mistress. I know, our village is small but this small piece of land is what we call our home. We owe you our life. May I know the name of our savior, Mistress?" the village elder and the other villagers (his son and daughter) bowed as they talk to Ravenna. 

Ravenna, on the other hand, felt pity for them. From what she saw from the village, she concluded that the village is in a poor condition. Hence, there is no growth inside the town. These are her observations:

1. Roads are not well-maintained. Adding the factor of random encounter with the monsters, this greatly worsens the condition of travelers that will come to the city. Merchants, adventurers and the like will have a hard time going to this village.

2. Economy within the town is stagnant despite their payment of monthly tribute to the kingdom. The kingdom is not lending them a hand to improve the town or any other town that is far away from the capital. The town also has no special service or product to offer to its visitors, travelers and merchants.

3. The walls of the town are only palisades arranged beside one another. And yet, it is in a poor condition. There are also no stationed guards to keep watch despite being near the boundaries of the other kingdoms. There are only raised militias in the town but they are not drilled in any form of war or battle.

4. There are no inspectors of any kind coming from the kingdom capital to report the current condition of the town to the king. There are few reports but all of them were only reported to the Baron of Lonefield, and the baron himself is not taking any actions. The reports made was only done for the sake of having one. This is all true to all poor towns near the western borders.

Sending his brother, Prince Kallapher, two days ago while knowing that it takes four days before reaching the west side of the kingdom is a questionable and a foolish decision. Adding to the travelling condition and miscalculation (they didn't consider the fact that they are in a state-of-war against the Drueton Empire), it is not a wise move. Garrisons should always be ready and are stationed in the borders to protect the citizens.

But also, you can't place the blame on the kingdom alone. Roads are not well developed yet and the mode of transportation used is not efficient, especially if you want to take an immediate action. Transfer of knowledge and news is really slow compared to the modern world where Ravenna came from.

But she has a plan.

"I go by the name of Lady Black." Ravenna said with a stone-cold voice, adding with her mask, posture, and composure, she extrudes a mysterious and intimidating presence. She doesn't want to let them know that she is the youngest daughter of the king, since the youngest princess is known for her naive personality and wonderful smile.

"I know that we have just been ransacked and pillaged by the Drueton Empire but what might be the reward you want that we can give you, Lady Black? If it is in our power, then we will give it to you with our utmost desire." the young son of the elder asked while bowing in front of her.

"Hmmmm..." She knows that this village doesn't have any gold or magic spells that can be used. But... there is still one valuable resource that anyone can get their hands on – information.

"There is one thing you can do for me... Can you provide me any information that I may need in the future?" she said

"It will be a small price to pay Lady Black." The elder bowed. "If you want a place to stay, our village will welcome you any time, my lady." The daughter said with a smile.

A Genius, Mafia Heiress Reincarnated in Another Worldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें