CH. 2

As she walks to the dining room, she maintained a calm demeanor. All of the servants, knights and butlers, and even of the nobles and diplomats who saw her walking bow down before her as a standard greeting.

"This is really true!" She thought

She really is in a whole new world as her in-game character (complete with her previous life's memories) who also happens to be a princess of a kingdom. She is also a representative of a God and she has powers!

"Your Majesty, Princess Ravenna has come!" The guard announced with a loud voice. The people at the table stopped what they are doing and looked at Ravenna. All faces are familiar and yet they are strangers in her eyes. Five pairs of eyes, watching her every movement as she reaches the table — the king, her three older brothers and her older sister. Being the youngest, she is probably being judged every move she makes.

"Good Afternoon, Father." Ravenna gave a curtsy and bowed to her father as a sign of respect, acting like a thoroughbred royal lady. And if it's just acting, she can do it. Acting comes naturally in infiltration and assassination.

"Good Afternoon to you, too. This is new.... You are on time. Have a seat." The Emperor said in a suspicious voice. Ravenna maintained a calm look and gracefully sat with a sweet smile.

"The preparations for my birthday drained all of my strength. I think I need a meal to recover. Besides, I miss talking to you father." She smiled innocently. She can act all day. But something is bothering her — her character info, her status and her skills. How will she use that?

The king waved his hand, signaling the start of the lunch. The head butler bowed and clapped two times. Maids and butlers alike took out one tray at a time, serving them to the noble family. As the lunch started, the young man with a red hair spoke up. He resembles her father, except with his auburn hair and iridescent green eyes. He is the first prince, Prince Kalapher Travis Lynch.

"Father, we have some important issues that needs to be discussed." he said in a serious manner, his eyes with conviction.

"I agree."

"I know people who can help us."

"I have plans and countermeasures ready."

The ones who have spoken are Prince Merchius Tybelt Lynch, Princess Gravea Serafin Lynch and Prince Symon Marple Lynch. The four of them, together with Prince Kallapher, are all of legal age and are recognized as a successor of the throne. 

They have different mothers. Even Ravenna has a different mother. But if you have the blood of the monarch and is recognized by your parent, you can be a candidate to the throne. And ever since the day that they were the son/daughter of the king, they were given a place in the palace. By the time they know they will be legal candidates, they already started recruiting people and making alliance to back their claim for the throne.

"Yes, let us begin." As soon as the King spoke, all the people in the table became tense - except Ravenna. She remained calm. If she doesn't have his past life memories, she knew that she will just continue to eat. But now, everything has changed. She also wants to play the game.

A crystal floated towards the center of the table and projected a hologram-like image that shows the countries, kingdoms and empires together with their flags and names. Some information are also displayed like relation and army size to represent their current state.

"We are facing a huge problem now in our kingdom. And since you all are candidates as my successor, I want you to solve the problems." Everyone is listening intently. She knows what they are thinking, how to solve the problem and take advantage of the situation. While growing up in her new life, she saw the competition between her siblings. All of them wants to succeed the crown and gain everything that they can from every opportunity that arises.

"The forces of Drueton Empire is attacking our western towns to pressure us into joining their alliance against the Flaveron Empire. I need someone who will lead the army to fend off these attacks in those western towns." The projection changed and showed the gathered intel of the Drueton Empire that attacks the western towns of their kingdom. The Drueton Empire is known for their dedication to war craft, battle tactics and their belief of human supremacy. Slave Trade of non-human race is a norm in their empire. The Flaveron Empire, on the other hand, is an empire known for their magical studies and advancement. Some people say they use humans and other creatures for magical experimentation.

"Three days from now, I will leave our kingdom so I can gather reinforcements from other kingdoms, cities and empires to back us against the effects of the war of Drueton Empire and Flaveron Empire. That's why I need an interim ruler. Talk to yourselves who will stand as my substitute in managing the kingdom." Managing a kingdom is also hard. Basic education is not only the required skill to run a kingdom. One should know how to navigate the court intrigues and should know how the economy, law and society works. Ravenna knows that with the current technology, the setting is around medieval to early renaissance. Various scenarios and calculation are already happening in her head.

"I also need someone to gather and collect funds from cities, towns and nobles for the upcoming war to prepare. That person will also be our representative to banks. We don't have much funds to reinforce our defenses and armies due to the storm." The storm that came last week caused a lot of damage to the kingdom. Repairs are made that affected the budget. Many businesses have also been affected which resulted in the worsening of the situation of the kingdom which are about to get caught in a war against two powerful empires.

"I also need someone to organize and lead a group in investigating an underground syndicate that specializes in abducting people and selling them as magical sacrifice. Our spies are busy collecting information from the cities around us. Many people are now missing. Use your resources." The voice of the king is hard. His statement was not a request nor a plea. People are too scared to go out at night which contributes negatively to the night businesses of the people.

Upon hearing all the conditions, Ravenna have decided. She stood up.

"I will run the kingdom while you are gone, Father." she said without a hint of doubt in her voice.